522 issues

Spidey1275

Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
Hi, I have a dish network 522 DVR receiver, this would be my 3rd one in the last month because I've called dish network over and over, had the technician come to my house, and the problem still there.
Whenever I turn the box off to watch cable, or just turn everything off, the receiver box reboots on by itself every 12 to 15 mins on the dot. So if I'm watching cable, it cuts the cable off which after a month of that I'm ready to burn this 522 box.
The technician laughed when I told him what the problem was, and I made him sit there and when he saw it happen he scratched his head and told me I probably had a ghost in my living room and told me to just check the polarity of the plugs in my house and left.

I've gone as far a changin the circuit breaker for the living room, we haven't had any thunder or lighting storms here, all 90 degree days and sunny so I have no idea how to fix this.

The last guy I talked to over a dish network told me I needed to have my house re-wired by an electrician .... WTF !!! I just wanna watch tv :mad: .... I've had dish network for 2 years and everything was fine till last month. I didn't change anything nor moved da box, nothing so I'm out of ideas.

PLEASE !!!!!!!! does anybody have an idea on how to fix this? I'm really running on a short fuse by now I tell ya

Any answers would b appreciated, thanx

Sounds like it could be a software issue if it just started last month! I also have a 522 that my wife watches and she has not mentioned anything to me about it acting like that, don't know even if she would notice,lol. Try doing a hard reboot and see if that helps! Just pull the power cord with it on and wait a few minutes, then plug it back in!

I just did a system info check and I get " LNB drift", I checked on the details and I have:
0x0e,0xa1,110(e-6.25)(o 0.00), 119(e-6.77)(o 0.00)

I'm not sure what those numbers mean but I've read some threads about LNB drift, do u think that's what could be causing the problem on my 522DVR ?
I've checked da ground cables outside and everything seems fine to me.
Once again thanks for the replies.

The hard reboot was one of the 1st things I did and still didn't solve my prob :(

Looks like your 110 and 119 lnb's are both going bad. They are a single unit anyway on a D500.

I have the same problem with my 522, i called the company that installed my dish and they said they have had some bad 522's come in, and they came out and replaced mine free, since its only 3 days old.
Then 2 months later the switch went bad in the 522, which meant my wife and I could only watch TV in one room or the other, could not watch both tuners at once. So they came out and replaced it for free since i had the protection plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)