Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got word that Tommorow Dish Network will start sending out a L2.06 to about 50 thousand 522 owners tommorow, it will roll out to more as time goes on. :)

L2.06 fixes the following problems...
  • EPG Clock Stops running causing timers not to be fired
  • When some backround timers fire there are AV Lipsync issues
  • Misc. Caller ID Issues
  • Audio Lost, AV out of Sync or Pixalated video when watching a recorded event

This is the first time I've seen any release notes for the 522. And to top it off, it is in advance. :cool:

I assume this will also include the election coverage app? Folks have reported seeing it already on their receivers but I don't know if any 522's were mentioned. I've rebooted mine and still don't see it. Also, I would like to try the customer support app whenever they enable that on the 522.

Also, I know there have been many reports of timers not firing, but I wonder what is meant by "EPG Clock Stopping"...?

Anyways, thanks Scott for passing this on! Hopefully this means future versions will be accompanied by public release notes.

Should we take the existance of release notes to mean that Dish is actually confident about this update working?

Here is to the best comeback in baseball history... :bow

You guys did an excellent job demolishing the Evil Empire and I hope it continues by pummeling our rivals...

Lift the curse and crush those Deadbirds or Asstros!

Congratulations! :clap

I doubt they will enable the support menu functions yet with all the problems/bugs in the software. Think of all the call and complaints about trying to make payment or change of programming and the reciever just rebooted or locked up during that operation. Customer support would really have a problem with a lot of customers with there accounts all screwed up due to a software bug triggering a problem while they were trying to manipulate there account. I would think they would wait untill the software proves to be more stable prior to opening that potential can of worms. But then anything is possible this is Dishnetwork I almost forgot that.

Scott Greczkowski said:
L2.06 fixes the following problems...
  • EPG Clock Stops running causing timers not to be fired
  • When some backround timers fire there are AV Lipsync issues
  • Misc. Caller ID Issues
  • Audio Lost, AV out of Sync or Pixalated video when watching a recorded event

Wow. That would go a fair ways towards addressing the major issues that I have with the 522. Fingers crossed.

I just noticed AV sync problems this week. I've been fairly lucky so far. It takes a couple of skip backs to get everything sync'd again. Never had timer issues.

NBR would be an awesome addition. I can't wait for that! :cool:

Their site still currently shows L2.05. Hopefully they update it the same time they start spooling, especially since it's only a once-a-month or so event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts