522 L2.36 Release Notes

Kaydigi said:
Anything new to report? I will be ordering a 522 once I hear it's stable.
Good luck. Dish isn't offering the 522 anymore. You'll have to get the 625 and which comes with a $20 upgrade fee or a 24 month commitment.

maximum said:
Good luck. Dish isn't offering the 522 anymore. You'll have to get the 625 and which comes with a $20 upgrade fee or a 24 month commitment.

I'm not getting one from Dish.

522 and 625 are essentially the same box, though, aren't they? The 625 just has a larger hard drive that will be used to hold movies.

Sapient said:
I should add that the lag in audio kicking back in after a show has been paused and restarted seems a bit longer now. It has gone from perhaps half a second to a second?
...I noticed that. It's quite annoying! If you pause it anywhere near someone saying something, you have to skip back 10 secs to catch what they said in that silence. I'm NOT complaining... I appreciate all the effort Dish is going through to give us updates. Just seems like they fix something which knocks something else off-kilter in the box. Eh....

I'll take this trade off. I really think that audio drops are fixed, which more than makes up for the increased audio loss after unpausing.

I want to see what other's find, though. Maybe I've just been lucky?

Still haven't got the upgrade as of this morning. I sure hope this actually does fix the audio drops and related video pixel problems. I'll live with lagging audio when pausing if they can fix these two major bugs.

maximum said:
Still haven't got the upgrade as of this morning. I sure hope this actually does fix the audio drops and related video pixel problems. I'll live with lagging audio when pausing if they can fix these two major bugs.

I have a 721 and always after pausing, I have to rewind because the paused word gets dropped out.

Is this same thing happening with the 522? I can't wait to get one next week, so me and the missed no longer have to watch this dreadful season of Charmed together.

What to do with my 721, this 1.75 update really messed up the 10 second rewind function.

Finally got L236 this morning. The individual item delete on caller-id is a nice addition. Also, I notice there is now an "Are you sure" confirmation to guard against accidental pressing of the Dish Home button.

If the audio/video dropouts is finally resolved, maybe most of us will quit complaining now.

hehe yeah I thought that was funny when I read about it.

It's like are you sure you want to enter our crappy interactive program :D

I have L236 now also. I don't like the new sysinfo screen either... especially since it looks like it kicks off a check-switch test automatically when you enter it. I went to "Details" or some screen from there, when it was done, and it told me both tuners were currently losing signal (?) yet the signal was fine before entering and after leaving the sysinfo screen. I assume it was just confirming that the tuners are "ignored" when looking at that screen...

If it does the check switch on the system info screen then can you get out of that screen (stopping the check switch) before its over with in which you cannot do if you go to check switch screen from the signal strength screen?

I was wondering that myself but honestly, I am too afraid to try, given the [dys]functional history of the 522. If I had to guess, I would say they clear the switch matrix table before the test starts... but I'll leave it to someone else to try.

Stargazer said:
If it does the check switch on the system info screen then can you get out of that screen (stopping the check switch) before its over with in which you cannot do if you go to check switch screen from the signal strength screen?

No and it incenses me. You are actually trapped in that screen, the view tv doesn't even work. So you have to wait til that check switch is done before you get out of it. You can actually go to the next page in that info screen but if I'm not mistaken every screen starts a new check switch test.

My L236 update arrived a couple of nights ago. So far, it looks like they may have finally addressed the audio sync lag in the 522, but still no caller ID. For the past couple of days, we haven't had to hit the goback button once to resync! It may be too good to be true, I think.

Stargazer said:
When I went to the sysinfo screen from TV1 it first warned me that TV2 was in use and I'd disrupt that, "Do you want to continue?" Yes, and the check switch started. You can cancel out of it and it gives an error. I then went back to the sysinfo screen and let the check switch run to completion. No apparent harm of funny behaviors were triggered from that original cancel, AFAIK.

wied said:
I have not gotten the L236 update yet is there any way to force it to download it?

No, Dish releases it in blocks of specific serial number ranges and you just have to wait untill your serial number is released.
This is actually a good thing as it gives them a chanch to find any bugs from the first groups that receives it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)