522 newbie questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dhillii

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
Guys:

I am a current DHP subscriber (3 yrs) and have a few questions regarding the 522.

Can I use one single 522 for a PIP television? Read: can I watch 2 programs via the PIP?

Can I watch one program and record another on the DVR?

IS the DVR 100 hrs?

Is there any way to get the 522 if you're on the DHP? Even if I threat to go to Directv?

Thanks

Yes, it is possible to use a TV's PIP on a 522. But then again, when set to 'single mode', you can actually use the 522's PIP on a TV that doesn't even have PIP.

Yes, in fact you can record 2 different programs while watching 2 other pre-recorded programs - though this will be taxing the sytem quite a bit.

Yes, approximately 100 hrs - give or take depending on the amount of compression in the broadcast.

I'll have to let someone else answer your last question.

Wishbone said:
Why is that? TV2 does have composite output too..

My mistake. You're right, TV2 has both RF and composite outputs, so either should work :D .

Don't know why I thought TV2 lacked video/audio out. :confused:

dhillii said:
Can I use one single 522 for a PIP television? Read: can I watch 2 programs via the PIP?
As mentioned, you can use the 522's native PIP to do that in single mode. Just swap the 522 in one-for-one with one of your existing receivers.

Is there any way to get the 522 if you're on the DHP? Even if I threat to go to Directv?
I was in the exact same situation and was able to get one. Here is a link to a post where I described what I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)