522 Question

kennya

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
McAlester, OK
I have a 522 with tv 1 in our room and tv 2 in our daughters room. She recently got in trouble and we have decided to take the sat away from her. I put the 522 in single mode, but from the channels changing from what I changed it to, I am guessing that she can still see what we are watching and able to change the channel. Is there any way I can "turn off" tv 2 so that she can't see the sat what-so-ever?

Reach behind the 522 and un-screw the coax going to her room, without her seeing you do it, and take her remote away until she is not grounded anymore.

Wow talk about 3 answers at the same time.:D

Another option: leave it in single mode, turn off "shared view", lock the receiver with a password.

Ok, is the shared view in the settings somewhere? I am going to have to do it that way because the way they installed this receiver, when I unplugged the cable to tv 2 the tv 1 picture went out also. When it was in stalled they had one cable running in to a small splitter and two cables off of that to tv 1 and tv 2 plugs on the back of the receiver.

Theres also a easier way. Leave the receiver in dual mode. Turn off the tv2 portion of the receiver with the tv2 remote and take the remote away. She wont be able to even see a pic untill you give her remote back. No need to start unplugging wires.

Right, it is a seperator. Well, the remote was my last idea, would rather do it some other way so she can see that remote and have a reminder to not screw up again :). But, it is looking like that might be the way I have to do it.

Try the following for shared view:
Menu - 6 (then if the 522 is the same as 942,622 & 722) 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts