522 Reboots

jp7794

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
Well it finally went belly up this morning. Something in the engine as it was even smoking like I blew a valve. :)

Thanks for your help all.

***************************************************************************************

I had my first issue with a year and a half old 522. It just gets a wild hair and reboots. No rhyme, reason, or pattern that I can see. Did this twice today and twice yesterday.

Any ideas before I call E*?

Thanks!

Feel it, is it hotter than it should be? Does it feel like the oven door on thanksgiving morning?

Is the HDD full? Remotely full? New Software? Not shut off in a while? etc...

Are you having "blinks" in your local power? We live in the country, and eliminated much of this kind of problem by using an "uninterruptable power supply" unit intended for computers. It wasn't expensive, and it provides a steady, conditioned AC stream.

Sorry. Should have put all that in my original post.

No warmer than normal.
HDD is not full. Blew out a bunch of programs last week.
Have L2.55

supereal said:
Are you having "blinks" in your local power? We live in the country, and eliminated much of this kind of problem by using an "uninterruptable power supply" unit intended for computers. It wasn't expensive, and it provides a steady, conditioned AC stream.
That's excellent advice!

I've been running my 921 and 501 off of one ever since the beginning.

Don't want to miss anything. :)

Check your scheduled events, if there are more than 288 events set then it will reset your box until you fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)