522 record one, watch another

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RVD

Original poster
May 7, 2004
i have a 522. last night i was watching channel 7 (tv1) and recording channel 4 (tv2). today, i'm trying to watch what i recorded on channel 4 while sitting at tv1 but i don't see it on my list when i press DVR.

how can i view this on tv2?

also, i used to have tv2 on another tv in another room but i got a separate receiver for it (old 501 DVR that i picked up on ebay). doesn't look like i can use this in anything other than dual mode anyway right?

RVD.

Does the recording show up in the list when you go to TV2? I suspect the program never recorded. Any recording made by either TV should be available to the other TV from the DVR list. If you're sure it recorded, try to reboot the receiver. Sometimes mine acts a little goofy too and forcing a reboot straightens things out. To force a reboot, hold down the power button on the receiver for 5 or 10 seconds until the screen goes black and then release.

About your second question, I believe you can use the 522 in single mode and just have it connected to one TV (though picture in picture still doesn't work). And then use the 501 for the TV in the other room.

Once the program is recorded, if it recorded, it should show up in the DVR list. This is regardless of what TV you recorded it "from" or what TV you're currently trying to see it on.

I'd try a reboot like suggested too.... Otherwise, it's gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)