522 record other than dish content?

breathe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
i am pretty sure the answer is no...but i thought id ask.

I moved in with some relatives for the time being i have dish and they have directv. I cant shut off my dish as my employer made a $1000 prepayment on my account and i will lose that if i disconnect. so i am going to go from AEP to AT60, but their directv has all the channels like AEP. Is there anyway for the directv receiver to hook into the 522 and be able to record its content? It would have to record like a vcr i understand but is this possible at all?

nope, it records only what comes from the satellite, no inputs or mpeg encoders available.

a better option might be for them to disconnect directv and you could run their TV from the 522's TV2 output.

Pepper said:
nope, it records only what comes from the satellite, no inputs or mpeg encoders available.

a better option might be for them to disconnect directv and you could run their TV from the 522's TV2 output.

they have multiple tv's in the house, about 4 more to be exact....so itd be harder to get 6 receivers on dish, especially after tv's 3 and 4 you need to purchase the receivers (or so a dish rep told me).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts