This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

522 single vs dual and uhf vs ir

FredSmith

Original poster
May 7, 2008
Hi all,
I'm new here. I had (actually several) 721 receivers for years. Just kept replacing them every time the hard drive died. Well it died again, but this time they just sent me a 522. It's a bit different and I'm no tech expert.

I only have 1 tv. And the receiver is underneath a cabinet so I always used the uhf function of the 721's remote. But the 522 has 2 remotes.

Is it possible to only use the uhf remote for the 522 and have full control of the receiver like I had with the 721?? (and never need to use the IR remote).

Also, do I want to be in single or dual mode on the 522?? (so it acts like the 721 did).

Thanks everyone!!!!

on the front of the receiver there is a little little button that says Mode. Press that, you should get a warning on the screen, press OK, then you are ready to go.
At that point, as far as I can remember, you should be able to use the UHF remote to control the whole thing. If i'm missing a step, someone will chime in.. it's been a while since I have messed with a 522.