522 Software L4.11 Issues?

2.98 works greatso i hope they stop the rest of the updates until they fixthis

jesus do they test this chit

So I called the Customer Support line. The rep. made me unplug my DVR for a minute, and then reboot.

After doing this, the FF function worked just fine. The Skip still has an annoying audible silent second. I told the rep. that I had done the reboot several times over the weekend, sometimes me intentionally and other times the receiver on its own, and I still had problems Sunday night.

Somehow now, they magically went away. What I suspect is that they will come back at some point, not sure what conditions trigger it. But he basically gave me the total runaround and said that since my DVR was "fixed" now, then there was nothing else to worry about. He dismissed the audible skip problem entirely, refusing to do anything about it, one problem at a time, he said.

I went ahead to see if for some miraculous reason they had sent another upgrade down Sunday night, but it doesn't look like it. I still have L4.11, bootstrap(?) 4.16.

Any more ideas on what triggers the FF problem? I thought it may be when another program was being recorded on the other tuner, and you were watching a recording. But I tried that yesterday, and it worked just fine.

I just noticed that my 522 got the 411 update after seeing the "last episode aired" text in the guide. I'm following the advice that Partymonkey got from DISH and unplugging the box for a bit. Hopefully this will fix any problems before they arise.

Just got home and this new software sucks! My 522 apparently took the update last night and is exhibiting the same problems. I guess I will have to use my 622 for sd stuff now also, which will put a crimp in my recording space.

I'm having the same problem but have found a bit of a work around. Normally I hit the Skip Fwd button fairly quickly to skip ahead, but now I hit Skip Fwd and wait till the arrow on the screen goes away before hitting Skip Fwd again. I haven't had the problems when doing this. Every once in a while when I am prepared to let it reboot or go back to the beginning I will try doing it quickly again and it will eventually start acting up again.

Mike H

Yeah figured the same thing. I was pressing the buttons too fast also. Seems to be working normal but have to watch it the next couple of days before trusting everything again.

Another bug, w Dish Pass

With Lost ending at 10:02 tonight I wanted to pad to 10:03. With no other timers after it set, it would not let me pad to 10:03. I could change it to 10:05, 10:02, 10:01 but could not set it to 10:03.

I tried with a couple of other shows but it would not let me pad it an extra 3 minutes.

Well my experience so far with the 411 update has been positive so far. The skip forwards, skip backwards and fast forwarding at all speeds has worked perfectly in all the shows I've watched on the 522 including the ones I recorded last night. Also, there's been no audio glitches of any kind that I've noticed.

:clap

OK, I just got off the phone with Tech Support at Dish Network -- Apparently they actually received a memo today specifically indicating that if anyone calls in with "DVR Issues with Fast Forwarding or Rewinding on the 522 with Software Revision 4.11" to create a ticket and send it over to the Engineers.. The tech went on to say that they're debugging the problem(s) with this issue now, and that anyone with the problem should call in so they can gather as much detail about the problem as possible.

The tech unfortunately didn't have an estimated date as to when an updated revision might be available that will correct the issue. Darn it. :)

I've been offline for several days, so haven't seen this until tonight. I'm glad that E* has made this problem a priority and hope they have it fixed soon. Maybe E* needs to revise their QA/testing procedures. This problem should have shown up before the upgrade was released! Must remember that this IS corporate IT, tho...to test is to go live :(

In reply to Giants Fan regarding my drop in signal levels after the last tech visit and LNBF replacement: The signal levels dropped maybe 5-10 points right after his visit, but have come back up almost to where they were on 110--ranging from 86-98 for the transponders and 55-81 for the spots. 119 transponders are consistently in the 70s, with two 80s (T11/T13).

Repeating the FF/REV or skips carefully, as holman suggests, has been helpful. The machine has not rebooted since last week (except for a forced power-down tonight), but the audio pops/pixelization remains and there are usually (80-90%) audio sync issues for a second or so after a FF/REV/Skip.

4.11 issues

My 522 dvr recently (just a few days ago) received the version L4.11 software update....With this new software, I am now having serious issues with the FF/REW and SkipFW/SkipBack functions on recorded material. Sometimes the FF/REW goes slow (x60 really only x4), or it just refuses to move either direction.

First noticed this problem last night, and verified that my 522 has v4.11. Reboot did not solve the issue. This is a huge problem that affects the basic functionality of the DVR.

Today Dish begin spooling L4.12 :
FW:L412, Model: DVR522(total 109) /DVR625 (total 93).

Cool. I'll check later this afternoon to see if I'm one of the lucky ones to get it today.

4.11 sure made a very reliableDVR go to crap. I had all of the problems except rebooting on it's own.

DISH how about getting a few k to be beta testers before all of us get a crap update.

Would this make other parts of the remote operate oddly? My wife and I are both seeing unresponsiveness at times. Things like the right arrow not working until I do the left arrow once.

I thought my batteries were just bad, though they are fairly new.

Brad

I also noticed yesterday that the up an down channel functions would skip - so if I were channel surfing, it would skip and go up or down very, very fast. I stopped it by pressing up or down again. Not sure if this is related to the other issues... at first I thought it was a remote problem, but now I'm not so sure.

I also noticed yesterday that the up an down channel functions would skip - so if I were channel surfing, it would skip and go up or down very, very fast. I stopped it by pressing up or down again. Not sure if this is related to the other issues... at first I thought it was a remote problem, but now I'm not so sure.

It is software my 508's have done this for several software versions and I have replaced them with brand new remotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)