522 Software L4.11 Issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
4.12 downloaded last night, we'll see if there is a fix for the 4.11 bug when we watch recorded shows tonight.

I am new to this forum..what do these numbers refer to:
In other words where do I find my spot in this download spool as I am having the same problems as others with my 522 and the software is L4.11
Help is appreciated
Tom
This is R00xxxxxxx number - check your DVR System Info screen.

Mine's not in that range, dang'it. I got to put up with this crap a little longer. Probably another week. Why didn't they release it to all of them? I would think that this would be something important that needed released immediately.

I have the 4.12 and the rewind problem is still there. I will do a power cord reset to see if it changes anything.

Do they not test this software before they release it and then release a fix? Or maybe this was not supposed to be a fix.

How do I check the firmware on the 522? Also I believe I have the 4.12, as the tech on the phone 'pushed' it to me and I saw it go through and install, etc.

Now it takes litearlly 1 minute to go into the guide, if I click 'info' it takes 30 seconds, in all, everything I do is SEVERELY lagged. Not to mention the audio and pixelation issues are worse now and all DVR functions are basically dead.

It also has constant lockups if I try to go into any menus/etc and it does an auto reboot on itself.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
How do I check the firmware on the 522? Also I believe I have the 4.12, as the tech on the phone 'pushed' it to me and I saw it go through and install, etc.

Now it takes litearlly 1 minute to go into the guide, if I click 'info' it takes 30 seconds, in all, everything I do is SEVERELY lagged. Not to mention the audio and pixelation issues are worse now and all DVR functions are basically dead.

It also has constant lockups if I try to go into any menus/etc and it does an auto reboot on itself.

Thoughts?

You might have to do a power cord reset, i'm going to do one when all my timers have finished recording.

How can E*screw up the 522 but have the 625 rock solid?

BTW, The technician told me that they have been told by mangement to NOT replace any DVR that is experiences these issues, that a 'fix' would be out soon. WHen I asked when they said the deadline was middle to late December.

She said as long as you can watch live TV then you were stuck with the DVR/Firmware issue until its resolved via an update.

L4.12 is going to all 522 receivers today. The question is, is it fixing the problems that L4.11 introduced?

11/15/2006: 1103 Software Version L4.12 for DVR 522 Effective Thursday, November 16th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L4.12 for the DVR 522 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.12 will be the valid software version for the DVR 522.

How do you check your firmware version without having to do a reset and clicking 'help' and then 'system info' ?

Software Version: L412GAPD-N
Boot Strap Version: 1416GAPD

So I have the newest one.

Unfortunately I still have SEVERE lag in any menu functions. If I pause is the audio is totally gone, if I try to rewind it or fast forward it totally will lock up. Also there is a high amount of pixelation. For Example when I press "Guide" the live tv window instantly goes to the upper right corner, but it takes another 30 seconds for the guide itself to come up. Also video is extremely choppy as well as audio. DVR functions are still pretty much dead.

Last edited:
SirDomino, you can hit the Menu button on your remote twice and it will take you directly to the system info screen. Alternatively, you can go through the System Setup (Menu-6) menus to get the same info.

I may be off the mark, but it sounds like your 522 may have other issues, such as a corrupted hard drive. My 522 started acting up similar to yours earlier this year, finally popped up a message saying the hard drive was corrupt and gladly reformatted it for me. I lost my recordings and timers, but otherwise the machine was back to normal. That was the first and hopefully only time I've had that happen in the two years I've had it.

I have not had any issues with the menu response speed, audio, pixelization or FF/REW/Skip since my update to L4.12, except for one MINOR and forced issue with Skip Forward which I mentioned in my last post. In fact, beginning with the L4.11 update the EPG response has been significantly quicker. :)

Anyone still having problems?

I have done everything I can think of. I deleted all my saved programming (nearly 65 hours worth) and all my timers and made it run that diagnostics/etc. I have the 4.12 firmware and I still can not skip backwards, or even watched DVR'ed programming as it locks up and/or has missing audio or massive pixelation.

Also it still takes upwards of 1 minute just for the guide to come up after hitting the guie button, the same for the DVR button. In all EVERYTHING is severely lagged.

Anyone having similar issues? Dish has finally decided to send me out a replacement DVR and I was sure to emphasize it be a NEW one tested to ensure the functions worked.

My 522 is working much better since the 4.12 download, but, not as good prior to the 4.11 download. On some recorded shows, when I start playback for the first time the show will start some place into the show ,like as if I had already started watching and then stopped,then resumed playback, weird, I just stop playback then start playback from the beginning and allis well. Doesn't happen all the time. Jump forward seems to jump much farther into the show then it did before, and jerky fast forwarding.:(

My 522 is working much better since the 4.12 download, but, not as good prior to the 4.11 download. On some recorded shows, when I start playback for the first time the show will start some place into the show ,like as if I had already started watching and then stopped,then resumed playback, weird, I just stop playback then start playback from the beginning and allis well. Doesn't happen all the time. Jump forward seems to jump much farther into the show then it did before, and jerky fast forwarding.:(

I'm right onboard with Gulmer on this one. It's better, but not as good as before the fiasco. Why can't we all just leave good enough alone?

The latest software release put an end to what was a dependable 522. We first started noticing problems when forwarding through recorded programs. Then the box started locking up during live TV. When we would do the power unplug-plug, we would get a message that the system was performing an integrity check that was taking in excess of 20 MIN. The system now locks up on an average of once an hour. So, our box was deemed as requiring replacement by Dish. We have had no problems whatsoever with the unit since it was installed several years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts