522 TV2 feed into 811 receiver

shakti

Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Since I had no luck combining the comcast digital cable signal and the 522 TV2 feed (tried several channels on both AIR and Cable, with no luck, there is always interference), I have decided to run the TV2 feed by diplexing and having it piggy back on the 811 sat feed.
Now my question is at the TV end I can now diplex the output and then send the TV2 out straight to the TV cable input (TV2 is set at CH 21) which worked but on connecting it to the ANT/Cable in of the 811 , the 811 refuses to tune to the TV2 channel which is set at 21. I have set the output in the menu to Cable and then did a scan for local analog channels. What gives. I prefer to use the 811 route because the 811 wil upconvert the 522 signal

If anyone on this board have gotten their 522 to feed the 811 input please can you provide me the specifics, i.e what CH number are you outputting the TV2 feed and what are the specific settings on the 811 menu

thanks

WELCOME!!!!

What a great first (second) post question!

I tinker quite a bit and happen to have two 522's feeding ch3 and ch21 to a basement work area. I also have a mortally wounded (lightening) 811 that I use for an ota tuner. I went ahead and hooked up the 522 feeds to the 811 and was able to view the signal from both 21 and 3.

Make sure you have diplexors at both ends. In the 811 Menu 6-1-5 use ATV to add the ch 21 feed. Save this stuff. Also, select options from Menu 6-1-5 and select Display Opts. You will need to check the Off-air Antenna Locals to view these channels. This worked for me.

Hey guys can one of you guys help me out?
Can you email me at (deleted e-mail address)
I am interested in putting up a dishnetwork satellite system.
need your help?

Thanks guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)