522 TV2 Remote

jimboeau

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Western WI
I'm going to be getting a 522 along with an 811 in the next month or so and would like to split the 2nd TV out on the 522 to two TV's that won't be used at the same time. Are there any UHF remotes you would recommend me getting that would control the 522. I see that you can buy an extra dish remote for $39 - $49. Are there any others that might be cheaper that would still work?
Also are there any issues I should be aware of for splitting the RG6 to the 2 TV's that will be hooked up to the 2nd TV on the 522? Thanks much for your help....

The 522 comes with two remotes already, one IR for the TV1 location (at the receiver), and one UHF for any other locations in the house that are watching the TV2 outputs.

Also, the TV2 RF output is sort-of designed to be split, being higher power output than the TV1 RF output and most other Ch. 3 outputs of other devices.

The high output allows that, but I doubt it was designed for that. I think it was designed to get a clean signal to TV2 over existing RG59 that may have bad connectors or the cheapest almost shielded RG59 one could buy.

Yes, The TV2 output is designed to be split to feed more than one 'second tv'. That is why it comes with the attenuator to use if you only connect the TV2 out to a single TV.

jimboeau said:
I see that you can buy an extra dish remote for $39 - $49. Are there any others that might be cheaper that would still work?
Check eBay. I snagged a new TV2 remote for $23, delivered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts