522 USB port

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrbluehead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Sorry I am a little green here, may have been asked.

Does the USB port have any current fuction? If not what are the plans for this port, may an external HD? :yes That would be nice. Maybe an easy why to download shows from the internal HD :shocked Also is this a USB 2.0?

It is usb 1 and the only thing it supports as of now are keyboards and a mouse. Some people are having great luck with these devices. I don't look for them to develop this port any further because no one at E* will ever say much about it. But who knows.

Bob

stratguy said:
It is usb 1 and the only thing it supports as of now are keyboards and a mouse. Some people are having great luck with these devices. I don't look for them to develop this port any further because no one at E* will ever say much about it. But who knows.

Bob
Even this is only for the 721, which also has a USB port. I tried hooking a keyboard to the 522 port; no luck. Apparently it's too heavily encrypted to do anything with besides whatever E* is planning.

The best guess is that it'll be used someday with the concept displayed at Team Summit to make the 522 HD into a MP3 player; you'd copy MP3s from your PC onto a USB flash drive, then copy from there onto the 522.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)