522 USB port

mrbluehead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Sorry I am a little green here, may have been asked.

Does the USB port have any current fuction? If not what are the plans for this port, may an external HD? :yes That would be nice. Maybe an easy why to download shows from the internal HD :shocked Also is this a USB 2.0?

It is usb 1 and the only thing it supports as of now are keyboards and a mouse. Some people are having great luck with these devices. I don't look for them to develop this port any further because no one at E* will ever say much about it. But who knows.

Bob

stratguy said:
It is usb 1 and the only thing it supports as of now are keyboards and a mouse. Some people are having great luck with these devices. I don't look for them to develop this port any further because no one at E* will ever say much about it. But who knows.

Bob
Even this is only for the 721, which also has a USB port. I tried hooking a keyboard to the 522 port; no luck. Apparently it's too heavily encrypted to do anything with besides whatever E* is planning.

The best guess is that it'll be used someday with the concept displayed at Team Summit to make the 522 HD into a MP3 player; you'd copy MP3s from your PC onto a USB flash drive, then copy from there onto the 522.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts