522 Version L2.08 Update

Is it just me, or does the "start over" button no longer work when trying to start watching a recording in progress (which is recording on tuner 1 when you're watching tv 1)? There seems to be no way to watch a recording in progress on the same tv/tuner you're on except to join it in progress. I don't recall ever running into this problem before.

^ It's just you. I just tried it and it works for me. However, my receiver is in Single Mode - but it was recording on tuner 1.

Maybe it's just me, but the popping problem is back worse than ever. Haven't done a power-off reset yet, however maybe that will fix the problem.

It was really annoying last night and nothing I did made it stop. It struck me that it was so noticable so I powered down and hit UP arror and sure enough, L2.08 showed up. Maybe they don't have their patches in sync or something. GRRR. Anyone else noticing this problem getting worse again?

The "Start Over" button doesn't show up when you first go into the program from the DVR list if the show is still recording. However, if you back out of the screen via the "Done" button and then go back in, "Start Over" will be there. It's been like this for the last few versions as far as I can tell.

Yep, it's annoying.

Also, I'm having more and more a/v sync issues when nothing else is being recorded and no other tuners are in use while I'm watching a recorded program. Sorta lends credence to the theory that the skipping/sync issues have nothing to do with how many streams are being played back.

Yes, the popping and stuttering seem to be worse. "The Real Gilligan's Island" last night was unwatchable. Of course even with perfect signal quality it still would have been.

jgray127, if I'm not mistaken, on the 522 both tuners are always "in use" regardless of what you are watching where. That's why the "swap" button is so fast in single mode, the tuner was already running, unlike the 721 where when you first hit PIP it has to turn the second tuner on.

Pepper said:
Yes, the popping and stuttering seem to be worse. "The Real Gilligan's Island" last night was unwatchable. Of course even with perfect signal quality it still would have been.

:confused: You know, now thats funny. I very really have any popping and stuttering with my 522, but last night watching a recording of Real Gilligans it was popping really bad, but every thing else was ok.

I wonder if some of the problems people are having have anything to do with specific shows or some kind of flaw in the way its transminted.

Just a thought

Pepper said:
"The Real Gilligan's Island" last night was unwatchable. Of course even with perfect signal quality it still would have been.
Damn! You mean there was a Gilligan's Island show on and I missed it???!!! Double damn! I guess I'll have to go back and rewatch my DVD boxed set of the first season instead...

haertig said:
Damn! You mean there was a Gilligan's Island show on and I missed it???!!! Double damn! I guess I'll have to go back and rewatch my DVD boxed set of the first season instead...
It's some "reality show" where they took real "skippers", real "mary anns" (farm girls from Kansas), real "gilligans" (some doofy guys), real "professors", etc. and have them competing on some bamboo-hutted location.

Pretty much to be skipped, except for Rachel Hunter - yowsa! ;)

Great site!

My 522 was installed 2 days ago (so v. 2.08 is the only software I have had). This is my first satellite system and first DVR, so I am thrilled with all the cool features.

I haven't had any of the major problems I have read about here (yet). I did notice, within hours of the install, the A/V sync problem while using the DVR functions.

I made a call to Dish and the tech stated that this problem seemed to have been resolved in 2.07, but may have been re-introduced in 2.08.

I'm a noob, so I don't know what I'm talking about anyway. I'll just shut up now and continue to read the wealth of information that can be found here.

The A/V sync problems have never been resolved. With each update, some of us seem to see more of them while others see less. My guess is that there really has been no change in them at all. With 2.07, the A/V sync problems were the only problems I still noticed, which was a big improvement. 2.08 seems to be about the same so far.

GRS1959 said:
Great site!

My 522 was installed 2 days ago (so v. 2.08 is the only software I have had). This is my first satellite system and first DVR, so I am thrilled with all the cool features.

I haven't had any of the major problems I have read about here (yet). I did notice, within hours of the install, the A/V sync problem while using the DVR functions.

I made a call to Dish and the tech stated that this problem seemed to have been resolved in 2.07, but may have been re-introduced in 2.08.

I'm a noob, so I don't know what I'm talking about anyway. I'll just shut up now and continue to read the wealth of information that can be found here.
i suggest that you read everything you can on this site before posting something stupid like you did,as we all know the 522 has problems and that those of us who were lucky to get to be testers for the logging software ,i would read ,read and read some more.....as you will find tech support does not have a clue as to what is going on,you will learn young one....... :yes :no :shocked ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)