54.0 Remote coming

If its $22 for a 54 remote and a echo starts at about $50 for the dot and you need one for each of your rooms with a Joey or Hopper, what do you get with the echo that is not on the 54. I assume it would not be a smart idea to have both in a room.

If its $22 for a 54 remote and a echo starts at about $50 for the dot and you need one for each of your rooms with a Joey or Hopper, what do you get with the echo that is not on the 54. I assume it would not be a smart idea to have both in a room.
Echo is voice activated. 54.0 you have to press a button then give voice commands.

And hopefully you DO know the other things you get with an Echo, right?

Reactions: KAB
I can picture it now. Dish adds back a new Papa John's app on the Hoppers. Within 24 hours, we'll have a post from bluegras asking when Dish will be adding new apps for Dominoes, Little Caesars, and Pizza Hut. :D

I can picture it now. Dish adds back a new Papa John's app on the Hoppers. Within 24 hours, we'll have a post from bluegras asking when Dish will be adding new apps for Dominoes, Little Caesars, and Pizza Hut. :D
Perhaps a Pizza Dish App would be better. Just combine all of the restaurants into one app, just like the Dish Music app did for streaming music.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Back to the subject of the 54.0 remote. Shutting the TV off with the Hopper 3 was too much of a pain because the Surround System powered off with the TV but not back on. Since I don't need the remote to turn the TV On/Off nor volume, I just lied to the 54.0 remote and said the TV was a different brand. Things work well for me.

The backlight is really great.

Anything but PJ's... Yuk!

40.0 remote has more buttons, those who have used them for some time have a little trouble finding things in the new UI.

If you haven't used the 40.0 remote the 54.0 is just as good with voice commands and learning the menus vs learning the buttons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts