Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Hopper 3
54.0 remote
Sony TV
Onkyo AVR

I upgraded to all of the above last fall. Everything was working as expected. Within the last week or so though, the Onkyo AVR will not turn on when I hit the power button on the 54.0 remote. The TV and H3 do power up. Once I turn on the AVR manually, the 54.0 remote does control the volume as expected on the Onkyo. All I'm missing is the power up. I also have a Harmony remote programmed for these devices and this continues to work OK.

I've tried a few tweaks to the programming steps on the H3 menu, with no luck. Any ideas as to what I can try next?

Did you go into your Hopper Remote Control menu and redo your AVR in the Auxiliary Device setting ?
Yes, I went into the wizard, chose Onkyo and the volume was controlled. Volume changing does work on the 54.0 when I power up the Onkyo manually. It's originally powering it up that's all of a sudden not working.....

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, I went into the wizard, chose Onkyo and the volume was controlled. Volume changing does work on the 54.0 when I power up the Onkyo manually. It's originally powering it up that's all of a sudden not working.....
Did you choose your particular model Onkyo? That could be important. It seems that the power toggle isn't correct.

No telling what happened. I would keep trying the wizard. Try loading with the Onkyo model number method.

Did you choose your particular model Onkyo? That could be important. It seems that the power toggle isn't correct.
Unless I'm doing something wrong, you don't actually choose the model number with the wizard. You're given an option, you test it (vol up/down) and if it doesn't work, you try the next one.

Weird thing it that it was working until a week or two ago. I'll try it some more I guess....

Unless I'm doing something wrong, you don't actually choose the model number with the wizard. You're given an option, you test it (vol up/down) and if it doesn't work, you try the next one.

Weird thing it that it was working until a week or two ago. I'll try it some more I guess....
No telling what happened to cause the issue. I just looked in the Remote Control settings. After you select the Brand Onkyo and then hit the next button, in the next screen select the Search For Model tab, then enter your model number. It is worth a try. Also I notice in the menu there are three audio selections. Did you try out all three? I know this might not make sense but you need to try something to get it working again. You can also try the Teach Commands method too if all else fails. I presume you did a Hopper pull the cord reset!

Attachments

• Auxiliary Setting 1.jpg
    Auxiliary Setting 1.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Auxiliary Setting 2.jpg
    Auxiliary Setting 2.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 175
No telling what happened to cause the issue. I just looked in the Remote Control settings. After you select the Brand Onkyo and then hit the next button, in the next screen select the Search For Model tab, then enter your model number. It is worth a try. Also I notice in the menu there are three audio selections. Did you try out all three? I know this might not make sense but you need to try something to get it working again. You can also try the Teach Commands method too if all else fails. I presume you did a Hopper pull the cord reset!
Thanks, I did now see the Search for Model option. The exact model is not there, but I did choose one very close. Still no power on.

I'll keep plugging away....

Thanks, I did now see the Search for Model option. The exact model is not there, but I did choose one very close. Still no power on.

I'll keep plugging away....
WOW, hard to say what happened. Did you check the CEC setting in both Hopper and your Onkyo as eddie suggested in post #8?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)