$549, 921 - Did you Buy?

Nope. It looks like there is enough chance of missing an OTA recording that I am not willing to make the plunge. With the current issues, it would need to be $99 or less for me to try it.

My plan is to sell all my Dish stuff in the spring and get a HD DirecTivo and two normal DirecTivos.

WOW! This is awesome! Are there any commitments or is this an outright purchase? I cannot commit to anything with Dish except the HD Pack, that's all I have and all I ever will have with them. I just payed $550 for my E85H 4 months ago.

Also, any news on a DVD burner for the 921 yet? If ever?

Cool! I think I just may have to get one.

Aside from known bugs, is there a downside to having a 921?
I just thought of one: No FIREWIRE OUT!! Damn you, Dish!!! ;)

I just read elsewhere that the 921 has the $5 DVR fee so screw Dish, I refuse to pay it and I'm not subbing to their crappy SD channels.

I got off the fence and took the bait after over a year of anxious anticipation. Two major factors led to that decision (besides the relatively affordable new price): Mark at DBStalk is pretty clear about the new (not released) software straightening out most OTA problems; and Scott here believes that 942 will be lease only. I'm not excited about having somebody else's property in my house - I'd rather own it. D* is not a real option for me because their premium channels are a bit more limited than E*, and D* costs more for their almost everything package. The likely software issues with 942 played a role too.

If we believe Mark, the new price of 921 is just to up HD sales by E* for the year. I don't know if that's true or not, clear-the-shelves fire-sale for 942 sounds just as likely. The volatile nature of this business and/or E* are a bit disturbing.

Is the top of the 921 vented or solid? I need to place my pj on top of it, I am out of room in my wall mount rack.

If I can get Dish to waive one of the $5 fees I have to pay, I will get one. Currently I pay a $5 Not Enough Programming Fee and if I add a 921 I will have to pay a $5 Extra Receiver Fee plus a $5 DVR fee.

bbriggs said:
I got off the fence and took the bait after over a year of anxious anticipation. Two major factors led to that decision (besides the relatively affordable new price): Mark at DBStalk is pretty clear about the new (not released) software straightening out most OTA problems; and Scott here believes that 942 will be lease only. I'm not excited about having somebody else's property in my house - I'd rather own it. D* is not a real option for me because their premium channels are a bit more limited than E*, and D* costs more for their almost everything package. The likely software issues with 942 played a role too.

If we believe Mark, the new price of 921 is just to up HD sales by E* for the year. I don't know if that's true or not, clear-the-shelves fire-sale for 942 sounds just as likely. The volatile nature of this business and/or E* are a bit disturbing.
Yup, that is me also, D* might have more Hd right now but with Sunday ticked eating up the bandwidth...and only the things I watch on nbc is Joey, Brokaw and ER Edit... I just checked mine is shipping today... tuesday most likely from Denver:)

OOPS! Another thought: The 921 cannot output HD/SD at the same time can it? This seals the deal for me.

bbriggs said:
I got off the fence and took the bait after over a year of anxious anticipation. Two major factors led to that decision (besides the relatively affordable new price): Mark at DBStalk is pretty clear about the new (not released) software straightening out most OTA problems; and Scott here believes that 942 will be lease only. I'm not excited about having somebody else's property in my house - I'd rather own it.

Heh, you saved me from coming up with a post. My sentiments exactly. Ordered mine today from dishstore.net, and my 6000 will be going up on ebay.

Michael

I guess I could always switch to SD and playback to my DVD recorder at night when I'm not recording anything. It would be nice to have all outputs hot like the Voom stb and the 811.

DarrellP said:
I guess I could always switch to SD and playback to my DVD recorder at night when I'm not recording anything. It would be nice to have all outputs hot like the Voom stb and the 811.
If any Hd program is on I usually have had my Replay recording the downrezzed, and I wait and watch on my X1 streamed...now the 6000u will get them and I can watch in Hd...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)