$549, 921 - Did you Buy?

DarrellP said:
If I can get Dish to waive one of the $5 fees I have to pay, I will get one. Currently I pay a $5 Not Enough Programming Fee and if I add a 921 I will have to pay a $5 Extra Receiver Fee plus a $5 DVR fee.
I think that the DVR fee is only $5/mo if you have AT60 or above. Below that, it might even be $10/mo. Someone may need to verify, because it might have been changed.

There's only one VOD and it's $4.98 unless you have either AEP or Dish Latino everything pack.

You can have the 921 as your only receiver as wel and not pay the $5 extra charge.

dfergie said:
New E* customers check this out' http://www.vssll.com/pvr921.html I have no idea what kind of service they give...

That place looks like a rip off.

Check out this deal...
DISH Player DVR-921 COMBO PACK $1,999.99

Includes:

1 DISH PLAYER DVR-921
1 Standard install
EITHER 1 34" FLAT SCREEN CRT OR 1 40" REAR PROJECTION HDTV

This package is now only $999 (This deal was also announced yesterday on the retailer chat as well)

Also whats the deal with that 921 keyboard at the bottom of the screen? :)

I sent my check ($1000) to him and he was about the only company that was able to come up with the 921. I got mine the early part of January.

I would love to purchase this receiver but I refuse to pay a fee to be able to record programing. I still don't understand their reasoning accept to make more money off of me.

Same here, sometimes I dream at night that they'll eliminate it as another advantage over the competition, but instead they've chose to use it and even worse than the competition does.

I will pay more for something that works.

I will not buy a 921 until the OTA and timer bugs are worked out. I am watching the next software release to see if dish can make a reliable product, if not I am off to D*. I Will gladly pay 2 times for a product that works. The D* HD TIVO seems to work. Jon.

Here is the delima.

1. I do not want to buy a 921 until all of the bugs are fixed.
2. The 921 is being discontinued and a new one can be purchased for a attractive price.

If I buy now, I run the risk of getting a 921 that potentially could have the bugs forever. But if I wait, the 921 might become unavailable when the bugs are fixed.

Hey, and ya just KNOW that the 942 WILL be totally stable right out of the box.

Ya huh.

Didn't they JUST start making these 921s in quantity around July? Hard to believe they have been an even bigger headache than the 7100/7200s in some circles....

Well, it IS our own fault for chasing after Version 1.0 (or Version 0.8 if you ask the rest of us Beta Testers)

This does make the 921 more tempting, however I am not sure if I am going to bite. I do like my 721 and having HD recording capability would be nice. Tough decision. I think I am going ot pass for now and take a wait and see. Might miss the boat, but then again maybe it will even drop further... ;)

Took the plunge and ordered my 921 from Dishstore.net. I'm hoping that it will perform as well as my 811. I can now sell one of my standard PVR and a Samsung HD Receiver. Hopefully I'll recoup a good portion of the cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)