5G Is DISH’s “Manhattan Project”

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
Yeah, I find that most women have zero comprehension about their right to online privacy. Either that or they just don't care that anybody can find everything they post about themselves online. I don't get it. When I do come across a private Facebook or Instagram page, I think to myself, "Smart lady!"

The best ones are when these girls post their entire life stories on Facebook.

Then they make fake profiles and stalk other women.

It’s crazy

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Did you read the thread I linked? Verizon's home broadband parameters are NOT 5G. Do you have evidence to prove otherwise?
It will just require a software update...this is fixed wireless...for home internet...it has absolutly nothing to do with lte...its 5g because Verizon calls it 5g..and thats that

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

It will just require a software update...this is fixed wireless...for home internet...it has absolutly nothing to do with lte...its 5g because Verizon calls it 5g..and thats that

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I can call you a car if you are standing inside of a garage, BUT, that doesn't make you a car...

The potential for 5G goes way beyond cell phones and basic Internet service. When I get home tonight I will pull up some videos I was watching that demonstrated some of the future prospects for a truly 5G network. It included device connectivity well beyond what’s in our houses. Cars and other vehicles That use Wi-Fi, security, law-enforcement and identification , Which was actually pretty terrifying when I saw how using people’s cell phones and the speed of 5G, how quickly a random person walking down the street could be identified and all of their information available

What’s more terrifying to me is how dependent we have become on the internet and how much worse it’s going to get especially if this 5G hype comes true.

I probably mentioned this before. A couple years ago when there was a massive DDoS attack that took down a bunch of servers on the East Coast, the Sales & Marketing Department where I work was in total chaos. They use a ‘cloud’ based service that is accessible via a smartphone or tablet app that contains sales literature, product information, demo videos and such that has been uploaded by one of our Marketing Managers. The company all of this is through is European based, but their US servers were affected by the DDoS attack. While I was taking hysterical phone calls from our sales guys and the sales managers were breathing down my neck, I didn’t realize they were affected by the attack until the next day. My statement to everyone who called up in a panic was, I can’t tell you guys how to do you job, I can’t tell the know it all wanna be hip and cool sales mangers how to do their jobs, but there is no way I would rely on a service where content is remotely hosted. Have a local copy of your presentations and videos or upload them to the employee restricted area of our FTP site if you must. It’s not as flashy as the app user interface, but that content will always be accessible. What’s more important.

My point to that story is a key part of an entire department of where I work was taken down by an attack, and that caused a lot of headaches and problems. What happens where there is a wider attack, that takes down more things that are actually essential. Will self-driving call come to a complete stop, will they drive off a bridge? What if a surgeon is doing surgery remotely and connection is lost? I assume there are back up connections, but what if all servers go down?

We as a society, myself included have become way too dependent on technology, and specifically the internet. WWIII will be fought in cyberspace and it’s those that have Ham radios will be the ones able to communicate, those that have non-connected cars that will be able to drive, those with cash will be able to buy things. Attacks, hacking, infrastructure going down, individual components failing and more will have a much larger impact as we continue to get more connected and dependent.

While I could go on forever about this topic, for a satirical look, watch South Park episode 6 of season 12, Over Logging. That episode hit the nail on the head, the moral of that episode from 10 years ago is now true more today than ever before. For a serious look at technology, the effects and consequences especially on kids, Disconnected: How To Reconnect Our Digitally Distracted Kids, is an excellent, eye opening read. I don’t have kids, but for anyone wondering about giving their kid a tablet or phone, this is a must read.

What’s more terrifying to me is how dependent we have become on the internet and how much worse it’s going to get especially if this 5G hype comes true.

I probably mentioned this before. A couple years ago when there was a massive DDoS attack that took down a bunch of servers on the East Coast, the Sales & Marketing Department where I work was in total chaos. They use a ‘cloud’ based service that is accessible via a smartphone or tablet app that contains sales literature, product information, demo videos and such that has been uploaded by one of our Marketing Managers. The company all of this is through is European based, but their US servers were affected by the DDoS attack. While I was taking hysterical phone calls from our sales guys and the sales managers were breathing down my neck, I didn’t realize they were affected by the attack until the next day. My statement to everyone who called up in a panic was, I can’t tell you guys how to do you job, I can’t tell the know it all wanna be hip and cool sales mangers how to do their jobs, but there is no way I would rely on a service where content is remotely hosted. Have a local copy of your presentations and videos or upload them to the employee restricted area of our FTP site if you must. It’s not as flashy as the app user interface, but that content will always be accessible. What’s more important.

My point to that story is a key part of an entire department of where I work was taken down by an attack, and that caused a lot of headaches and problems. What happens where there is a wider attack, that takes down more things that are actually essential. Will self-driving call come to a complete stop, will they drive off a bridge? What if a surgeon is doing surgery remotely and connection is lost? I assume there are back up connections, but what if all servers go down?

We as a society, myself included have become way too dependent on technology, and specifically the internet. WWIII will be fought in cyberspace and it’s those that have Ham radios will be the ones able to communicate, those that have non-connected cars that will be able to drive, those with cash will be able to buy things. Attacks, hacking, infrastructure going down, individual components failing and more will have a much larger impact as we continue to get more connected and dependent.

While I could go on forever about this topic, for a satirical look, watch South Park episode 6 of season 12, Over Logging. That episode hit the nail on the head, the moral of that episode from 10 years ago is now true more today than ever before. For a serious look at technology, the effects and consequences especially on kids, Disconnected: How To Reconnect Our Digitally Distracted Kids, is an excellent, eye opening read. I don’t have kids, but for anyone wondering about giving their kid a tablet or phone, this is a must read.

I wish more people would think like you do. Unfortunately, by the time the ultimate war breaks out, it will be too late for most. There's never been a more important time to be able to be self-sufficient and disconnect from technology if necessary. I'm still a LONG ways off from that. But I'm trying. I already live far outside any major metropolitan area (in case it's bombed), I'm learning to hunt (in case the food supply is disrupted) and considering ways to be able to make energy at least temporarily in case of a power grid failure.

I wish more people would think like you do. Unfortunately, by the time the ultimate war breaks out, it will be too late for most. There's never been a more important time to be able to be self-sufficient and disconnect from technology if necessary. I'm still a LONG ways off from that. But I'm trying. I already live far outside any major metropolitan area (in case it's bombed), I'm learning to hunt (in case the food supply is disrupted) and considering ways to be able to make energy at least temporarily in case of a power grid failure.
If learning to hunt, and self defense, do not learn just a rifle or gun. Learn a bow as well. I am currently learning the recurve and the compound. Unfortunately, I am in an area that would be Prestine to attack, due to the specific military installation nearby.

I have a place to go that's way up in Northern NY State, with ample fishing and hunting, away from any metro areas and I learned all the back roads to get there from Buffalo. One of the things I hated about moving to Illinois was being 12 hours further away from there. Technology, internet that is, is no problem because there's no signal up there anyway :)

AT&T is now putting an ‘e’ at the end of ‘5g’ in all their ads. So they’re calling it a 5ge network, which is just corporate speak for, slight improvement. They did the same thing during the 4g roll out. Originally 4g was supposed to be this massive upgrade, that would compete with the cable companies, instead they just started calling it Lte, and at best it is competing with dsl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts