Maybe this Dish 5G thing is real after all

I really want to know why he hates the Hopper.

My guess would be because it's far superior to anything he sells, and since he hates Dish, by extension he hates the Hopper.

Either way, IMO, it's rather unhealthy to hold a lifetime grudge against some satellite company. And then to come here and gripe about it endlessly, especially when this is suppost to be a forum about helping people with Dish, not using every opportunity to trash it because of his personal issues. Just my opinion.

I hate ATT because they screwed over the landlind service at my business. But I'm over it and I don't talk about it every day.

For the love of God, I wish he'd move on.

My guess would be because it's far superior to anything he sells, and since he hates Dish, by extension he hates the Hopper.
I can understand he hates Charlie, but why the poor little Hopper! I think the Hopper 3 is the DVR of the century. There is nothing to match it in my view. The multiple tuners has got to be a miracle cure for TV viewers that had to deal with conflicts in the past.

4K (with HDR)
Netflix
Sports Bar Mode (4 full 1080i channels displayed on a 4K Screen)
Remote Slingbox Access
Alexa / Google Control
Network Stored File Player
AutoHop
Voice Remote
Viewing of stored shows on up to 6 TV's using a Joey
Receiver still works when the hard drive dies
Gamefinder
Remote Finder
HEVC Decoding
Full VOD support (including 4K)
DTS PlayFi Support (love this feature!)
And up to 18 tuners (with 2 Tuner OTA Adapter)

Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head.

Pretty sure that is still an LTE network right now, just on a dedicated band. They are planning to develop it over time to utilize 5G tech.

"FirstNet's representatives said that LTE technology (the data and apps that people have on their smart phones) will help emergency responders during public emergencies."

First Responder Network Authority - Wikipedia

A little late to respond here but I've been out of town. Actually, as far as I know, FirstNet doesn't operate on a dedicated band. What it is is a special sim card you put in your phone. In times of emergency when cell towers are overloaded and people can't get calls to go through, these sim cards go to the top of the list so emergency personal's calls can go through. As a fire fighter, I might actually be switching to this service in the near future and that was how it was explained to me.

Reactions: navychop
4K (with HDR)
Netflix
Sports Bar Mode (4 full 1080i channels displayed on a 4K Screen)
Remote Slingbox Access
Alexa / Google Control
Network Stored File Player
AutoHop
Voice Remote
Viewing of stored shows on up to 6 TV's using a Joey
Receiver still works when the hard drive dies
Gamefinder
Remote Finder
HEVC Decoding
Full VOD support (including 4K)
DTS PlayFi Support (love this feature!)
And up to 18 tuners (with 2 Tuner OTA Adapter)

Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head.
WOW, thanks Scott. :)

Personally, I too prefer the TiVo over the Hopper, but the Hopper is still nicer than anything directv or cable offers. I just don’t care for it compared to my TiVo. Used the H3 at my sisters many times and would definitely use it if I had to give up my TiVo and leave cable.

Scott’s list is a little off.

The TiVo’s also have Netflix, along with Amazon, Hulu, MLB, WWE, Plex, VUDU, YouTube, HBO Go, Pandora, iheart radio and a few others.

TiVo has Remote Access and Streaming via the TiVo app and built in streaming on Bolts and available via the TiVo Stream on Roamios.

TiVo has Alexa support and Voice Remotes in addition to IFTTT support

TiVo skipmode is worlds ahead of the hobbled autohop as there is no waiting period and it’s available on more than just local channels

TiVo’s support viewing of stored shows on up to 10 tv’s with TiVo minis and live tv on how ever many tuners are free.

Bolts support HEVC and have Remote Finder

VOD is supported on Comcast and Cox.

Still they are the two best DVRs available depending on if you are using cable or satellite.

Hahaha like Directv has no fees.

I’m talking about Comcast.

When you factor in a TIVO, there are less fees on Comcast than Directv and Dish.

Comcast has broadcast Tv fee, which is basically $10 for locals.

Regional sports fee which you have on Directv and maybe Dish.

That only leaves franchise fees and taxes which you see in some areas on satellite.

Owning your hopper does not cut down the fees, unlike with cable.

Comcast I can actually pay the rate quoted to me.

Cable card does save $7.50 :)

HipKat in his computer room

Huge-Supercomputer.jpg
thats better than sex:coco:eeek:biggrin

Reactions: HipKat
A little late to respond here but I've been out of town. Actually, as far as I know, FirstNet doesn't operate on a dedicated band. What it is is a special sim card you put in your phone. In times of emergency when cell towers are overloaded and people can't get calls to go through, these sim cards go to the top of the list so emergency personal's calls can go through. As a fire fighter, I might actually be switching to this service in the near future and that was how it was explained to me.

Not sure if it worked out this way, but they were supposed to use 20 MHz in the D Band 700MHz spectrum from the Digital TV transition:

700 MHz Public Safety Spectrum

The only thing keeping TiVo and cable card fees in check is the government. Otherwise they would be just as high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)