Maybe this Dish 5G thing is real after all

I would have expected it to be submerged in chlorofluoroether

Have you ever seen the Cray 2 in the flesh? Beautiful machine complete with "waterfall" over Cray-logo on Lucite to cool it. I thought the waterfall was just to look sexy. But when I peered down from the top, I noticed an occasional bubble coming to the top and then I realized it was totally immersed.

Cray-2-supercomputer.jpg

Have you ever seen the Cray 2 in the flesh? Beautiful machine complete with "waterfall" over Cray-logo on Lucite to cool it. I thought the waterfall was just to look sexy. But when I peered down from the top, I noticed an occasional bubble coming to the top and then I realized it was totally immersed.

Cray-2-supercomputer.jpg

Now that I bet is a cool running machine

So, Dish is stalling their installation by having techs start installing and field testing? Damn, I've been a staller all my life and never considered stalling doing something by actually doing it!

5 billion dollars in spectrum on the line.

I’m sure they would spend several million to pretend they are doing a beta test.

A few observations.
Ericsson is a leader if not the leader in 5G equipment along with Qualcomm.
Not a coincidence that Tmobile also has a deal with Ericsson for 5G and Tmobile made the "complaint" about DISH holding on to spectrum recently.
Not a coincidence DISH comes back with this announcement

Finally, it has been said several times over many years here as he has pulled off what seemed he could not....
Never underestimate Charlie. Just some highlights
Spearheaded getting locals on Satellite when people questioned it
Middle finger to FCC and found a way to have Distant locals after being told he could not
Hopper
New 5G network?

Yeah but people are getting wise to Charlie’s game.

Locals Charlie had no choice in doing, as it was needed to grow the business 18 years ago so we could compete with cable.

The distant locals thing was short lived

I could care less about the hopper.

5G has not been launched yet.

Blah blah blah whine whine whine. Oh poor me, Dish screwed me over so I'm going to spend the rest of my life trolling Dish forums on the internet complaining about it. It's getting really old.

I’ve come to find it entertaining. What new and inventive ways will Claude employ to troll dish today

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Now that I bet is a cool running machine

Guy I worked with was Cray's buddy in high school. He said he was just the kid he ran with at the time.
He said Cray told him, at that time, processing speed was all about cooling and he was forever working on how to reduce temperatures.

Reactions: HipKat
I'm thinking Dish may indeed succeed.

If they do it, it will be one of those rare times a company successfully made a conscious decision to move to a significantly different core business.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts