5LNB H20 should see which satellites?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

anaheimisnotla

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
I have the installer coming at 3PM EST. When he's done, which 4 (or5) satellites should my receiver have a signal from? I want to be able to confirm everything is working before the installer leaves. THANKS!

Looking through the forums and I see satellites mentioned at 95 99 101 110 and 119

I know 101 110 and 119 are the ones I currently connect to with my 3LNB dish/recevier.

I'm in Columbus, OH if my location is essential.

You didnt list your specific DMA but here are the 5 satellites the AT9 gets.

99.2°W Spaceway 2
101.0°W DirecTV 1R/4S/8
102.8°W Spaceway 1
109.8°W DirecTV 5
119.0°W DirecTV 7S

I had the new dish installed yesterday, when the tech checked out the signals he was only picking up the 110, 101, & the 119. my question - should i receive the others ? i don't have a H20, just the HR10-250, standard Tivo and a standard receiver. not sure ??? thanks - :confused:

Johnml: If you have no H20 the othes 2 sats are of no consiquence yet. They currently carry HD LIL.

Anaheimisnotla: soory we posted at the same time and I missed your DMA

Last edited:
Thank you charper1.

So I should make certain I have signal from all 5 satellites before he leaves?! ;-)

99 101 103 110 and 119?

The H20 is the only one that will pick up the other 2 as they are mpeg4 HD local sats and only the H20 can get them. They do not show up on my H10 but they do on the H20 as well as the 72.5. That's right I'm pointing to 6 sats. I might do a basic HD package from Dish so I will be getting a few more, and I'm adding star choice when the hockey season starts, so there is another, plus we are looking at a FTA system. My neighbors will be thrilled when we have 5 dishes on the house!!!

anaheimisnotla said:
Thank you charper1. So I should make certain I have signal from all 5 satellites before he leaves?! ;-) 99 101 103 110 and 119?

Columbus, OH

HD LIL is on 99 spot beam, so I do not know what 103 will register for you. Ditto to what Viper said, if you don't have an H20 being installed it won't matter anyway.

He's brining me an H20, but he said "you won't be able to see the new satellites". That made me very concerned he's going to get the install correct.

anaheimisnotla said:
He's brining me an H20, but he said "you won't be able to see the new satellites". That made me very concerned he's going to get the install correct.

You might "see signal strength" from the "new" sats, but you should get channels from all sats EXCEPT 103 as I read it.

101, 110, 119 for sure, and 99 for your HD locals if I read your DMA correct.

I would ask questions/clarification of the installer to test his knowledge/find out what he is going to do and what you will see, what you are getting BEFORE he ever gets started. If you feel uneasy, do not sign anything and get another installer. IMHO.

If I am wrong about what you should see, I know an expert will chime in and correct me so you will know. So keep an eye here.

Last edited:
anaheimisnotla said:

After the install, do a signal test. 99 and 103 should show there. Make sure the H20 is set up for the AT9. You may not get signals from the Spaceway that isn't being used for the Miami hd lil's.

The more I think the more I wonder if your 1st question to the guy should be "what dish did you bring? The AT9 or the PhaseIII?" The right out comment that "you wont see the other two" makes me wonder if he is installing an AT9 at all.. Maybe you should call in advance and check your workorder; that is, if you don't already have the specific info. Just another thought.

I mean I understand you already have a PhaseIII and are upgrading, correct? Maybe they do not understand that? Anything is possible; right along with the guy may have just mis-spoke.

Yeah, he's here right now. I'm going to make sure he's got the 5LNB, I've seen the training /installation video so they're pretty different to the naked eye.

Cool, good luck. Let us know how it all works out. Be sure to check the entire setup 110% from start to finish, including checking for good signal levels across the board and channels you know you should get, especially the HD and new HD locals.

BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING and let him walk out.

On the Directv boards I also found this statement:

The 103 network 14 and 99 network 10 or 11 (can't remember which) have some of their transponders delivering signals for the AT9 dish. Of course you need a H20 High Defintion receiver to see all of the programming.

So when he's done I'll make sure these have a decent signal....

And as you have probably read too, the H20 might have slightly lower signal results compared to your standard receivers.

So all is going well so far? AT9 dish arrived and you are going to get to "see the new sat(s)"?

No, he's calling his office or directv cause he said again the 99 and 103 aren't launched. Which I of course disagreed with him about. I told him what we've talked about on here. Neither the 99 or 103 are giving me a signal currently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)