5LNB H20 should see which satellites?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Great - - He just told me he's never been trained to install the 5LNB differently than the 3LNB. Don't they start the "aiming" using different satellites? 110 for the 3LNB and 101 for the 5LNB. I thought I saw that on the installation video... damn I wish I just had a signal meter and I'd aim it myself. I offered to show him the installation videos:

http://www.solidsignal.com/satellite/at9_install_videos.asp

He wasn't interested....

43015 is my zip

He got the word straight from Directv, but I'm not sure he knows how to do it... :-(

charper1 said:
What is you zip code? Your zip will need to be in the DMA database for you to qualify for HD LIL from those sats.

You can also print this to show him otherwise: http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/directvusa99.html

This link is perfect... it says 99.2 as the header on that web page. The h20 menu is showing Satellite 99 network 10 and network 11. It looks like the recevier is expecting Network 11 because it's transponders are able to be cycled through, and the Network 10 are not.

anaheimisnotla said:
43015 is my zip He got the word straight from Directv, but I'm not sure he knows how to do it... :-(

He more than likely got it direct from his install company NOT DirecTV. See attached from the DirecTV database. You might really consider sending him away FAST. Maybe add a nice light complaint to DirecTV and score some additional programming.

Attachments

• 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
If I send him away.. (mind you I can't "blame" him if they never trained him..) how will I get my allignment corrected? Will a directv CSR be able to send out someone who was trained this time? Shouldn't they all be by now?

I realize he works for an independant installation firm... His supervisor is supposedly guiding him throgh the process of aiming so I receive the 99 signal as I post this....

Last edited:
OUCH! Well now he has got going, and seemingly most of the way through the process, you can't send him away, BUT........ DO NOT sign anything until you are 100% satisfied on everything. Heck if its warm out, offer him a soda or some water since it seems he will be awhile. You are correct, the blame lays in the lap of the contracted company that let this guy loose. Good luck. Keep us advised.

Final Summary

It took me a while to refind my thread. :rolleyes:

Well after all the hand-wringing it turns out I'm good to go (mostly). :)

Even though the H20 signal meters in the setup all showed 0 for the transponders from the 99 degree satellite. I had (still have) two channels listed for each of the major networks. One is the SD feed and the other is the HD/Digital feed.

Looking this morning I now see transponder 15 for satellite 99 network 11 is at 74). And satellite 103 Network 14 gives me signal on transponders 2, 4, 8 & 18. So I am getting some data from the new satellites.

So even though it looked like I was going to have to get D* to send out another installer, everything was "fine". Nothing was easy about it, when I knew more than the installer I was very concerned. My signals aren't hitting 80-90% so I'm sure it could use some more fine tuning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.