6/16/2010 2:45pm - Uplink Activity Report - 164 changes

Huh?

Duplicate channels, mapped down to their physical channel numbers rather than their virtual channel numbers.

Is this an attempt to fix the problem whereby people outside of the mis-aimed Scranton HD locals spotbeam can't add 119 to an Eastern Arc dish to get the new national HD and keep their SD locals because the receivers don't know to check 119 when they don't find the SD locals on 61.5?

If so, it's overdue, BUT, does this mean that we're not EVER going to have our HD locals?! :confused:
I'm not sure I follow, Scranton Wilkes Barre Locals in SD have Always been on the 119. :confused:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist...9&sub=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=E14_SBB16.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, but by all reports, if you connect a 119 dish to your Eastern Arc dish, because you want the new national HD but you're out of the 61.5 spotbeam for the HD locals, the following happens:

Tune to ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox -- there's no SD version on 61.5, so it goes to 119, no problem

--BUT--

Tune to PBS, CW, MyNetwork -- there IS SD on 61.5, but it can't get it, and it fails without trying 119!

So, by providing these channels on 119 with DIFFERENT NUMBERS than the Eastern Arc versions, we should be able to get them now.

Me, I'd have reprogrammed the stupid receivers. But then, me, I'd have put the EA channels on 77 or something.

Remember Charlie, if the Wichita HD locals are not on by the end June, I will sign with DTV and get rid of Dish.[/QUOT

i been with e 7 years and 10 months time to moved on.d be here monday to switch over.i thought about switching for a while no local nbc .i be getting all my locals in hd and nbc hd .i really like e equipments but we watch alot of sports.

Yes, but by all reports, if you connect a 119 dish to your Eastern Arc dish, because you want the new national HD but you're out of the 61.5 spotbeam for the HD locals, the following happens:

Tune to ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox -- there's no SD version on 61.5, so it goes to 119, no problem

--BUT--

Tune to PBS, CW, MyNetwork -- there IS SD on 61.5, but it can't get it, and it fails without trying 119!

So, by providing these channels on 119 with DIFFERENT NUMBERS than the Eastern Arc versions, we should be able to get them now.

Me, I'd have reprogrammed the stupid receivers. But then, me, I'd have put the EA channels on 77 or something.
Got ya !
Thats a stupid fix.:rolleyes:

Thats a stupid fix.:rolleyes:

And now the all-channels guide (not that anybody with any sense uses that) is cluttered up with four extra channels, and people who aren't affected by the problem are wondering what's going on.

why would they put the horse racing channels on 118 i would think most subscribers don't get this sattalite

That's the point, they have room at 118 and why put this on a core satellite anyway, if 118 is good enough for internationasl then it is good enough for RTN, 121 is just wasting away with only a few channels for the last several years since internationals went from 121 > 118, never could understand the reason for that move.

doesn't make sense there... they will still need a dish receiver and card..plus a dish capable of receiver 118.7.

The RTN stuff on galaxy 3c KU band uses MPEG2 dish receivers, so all they have to replace is their dish for 118, cheapo charlie just doesn't want to make the move to MPEG4 in the WA even when new SD services are added.

Yes Sioux Falls in HD was on 129 (still is) and Huntsville HD was on 61.5(still is).

Looks like they are going dual arc in Huntsville? odd one there...

I am in the Huntsville, AL DMA.

My set up is 129, 119, and 110 with a 1000.4 and 61.5 with a 500 wing dish feeding a ViP 722 and a ViP 222.

As of 06/16/2010 I get the HD locals from 119 instead of 61.5.

1. Why did they move from 61.5 to 119? Is this to get away from the 61.5 wing dish?

2. Since both 61.5 and 119 are both transmitting the Huntsville HD locals how do my receivers pick which satellite to display?

Thanks.

lowdown

I am in the Huntsville, AL DMA.

My set up is 129, 119, and 110 with a 1000.4 and 61.5 with a 500 wing dish feeding a ViP 722 and a ViP 222.

As of 06/16/2010 I get the HD locals from 119 instead of 61.5.

1. Why did they move from 61.5 to 119? Is this to get away from the 61.5 wing dish?

2. Since both 61.5 and 119 are both transmitting the Huntsville HD locals how do my receivers pick which satellite to display?

Thanks.

lowdown

They didn't move it from 61.5 to 119. They added it to 119. Wing dish isn't needed. If your locals were originally on 61.5 in HD then that market is a EA market and should have been installed with a 1000.4 dish.

2. Whichever loads into the receiver first it picks...sometimes it will flip-flop back and forth.

Originally Posted by DigiDish Uplink Report
6270(31) - WSWB [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 03 Spotbeam B16 (A) (H)(Scranton, PA-CW)
6272(41) - WVIA [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 03 Spotbeam B16 (A) (H)(Scranton, PA-PBS)
6273(32) - WQPX [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 14 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Scranton, PA-N/A)
6271(29) - WQMY [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 03 Spotbeam B16 (A) (H)(Williamsport, PA-MY)

Huh?

Duplicate channels, mapped down to their physical channel numbers rather than their virtual channel numbers.
:confused:

Even more confusing is that WVIA is not even on real channel 41 anymore. It is now on 49. It moved there after their transmitter collapsed and WNEP gave their old transmitter to WVIA after WNEP moved from 49 to channel 50.

Actually, I think I have a 1000.2 (not a 1000.4). I am not on EA.

Again I wonder: Did they add Huntsville HD locals on 119 to get away from the 61.5 wing dish they were having to install because most folks have a 129, 119, and 110 set up if they subscribe to HD?

Actually, I think I have a 1000.2 (not a 1000.4). I am not on EA.

Again I wonder: Did they add Huntsville HD locals on 119 to get away from the 61.5 wing dish they were having to install because most folks have a 129, 119, and 110 set up if they subscribe to HD?

Hunstville, AL is an Eastern Arc market. All of their HD and SD channels are on 61.5, which means they are EA. You should have received a 1000.4 dish instead of the redundant 1000.2 and 61.5. No wing dish required in Huntsville, AL...just a single 1000.4.

Is RTN those horse racing channels that were mentioned in another thread?

yes.. i have been monitoring and posting updates to my fellow horseplayers on a racing forum.
These people are happy to see these channels are uplinked.
I don't remember seeing a thread here for quite some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)