6/16/2010 2:45pm - Uplink Activity Report - 164 changes

I almost thought we would have a new channel called the "churn" channel warning everybody not to be floppers and switch providers, even though charlie just said admitted he watched worldcup in 3d which means he has directv!

They realized that those horse racing subs currently on galaxy 3c have MPEG2 receivers.

The old RTN, which was then "The racing Network" used legacy equipment. I think TRN sold the model 2700 to their customers.
I think TRN wishes a smooth transition to keep those customers from cancelling out of the frsutration of having to buy new equipment.
Fortunately, the D-1000 plus which includes the 118.7 orbital slot LNB, uses a DPP 44 switch ,to which legacy equipment is compatible so as long as the model number does NOT end in three zeros. For example, model 1000( old as the hills) 3000, 4000 etc.are NOT compatible with the DPP 44

why would they put the horse racing channels on 118 i would think most subscribers don't get this sattalite
I can think a bunch of reasons. One is, had Dish decided to use one of the core satellites or one with HD as the primary signal producers, the howls of protest from those looking for HD locals ( ok with that) and those others looking for HD feeds of the small niche channels, would have been unbearable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts