6/24/2009 12:29pm - Uplink Activity Report - 56 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What are my options for getting a Fox channel? If I call E* and complain, will I get an east or west coast Fox? Hopefully in HD? Am I stuck waiting until Max Media gets Fox back up in Bozeman?

"MOVE" to the nearest dma with all 4 hd nets. Do a search on this topic and you will get all you need to know about how to do it.

Out of curiosity, I looked to see what these channels were. To my surprise, they showed as available in my guide even though I subscribe to no international channels. But when I tried to tune to them, I have NO signal on that transponder. Not a bit. All my other channels from 61.5 are coming in as far as I know, but I can't check right now because I'm recording. Has anybody else lost this supposedly-CONUS transponder?

Interesting. I didn't check, but it wouldn't surprise me if those were only slates telling of a move.

I have a neighbor who only (it appears) subbed to international channels, and only had a dish for 61.5. Low and behold I walk out my door last night around 7 and a tech is on his roof installing a spanking new Dish500+.

Dish adjusted the tilt/rotation of the satellite moving the beams.
Let me get this straight. Dish moved spotbeam 4 so that it now points at Buffalo? (I'm in the Washington DC DMA so I thought spotbeam 4 was mine.) If Dish has done this, then presumably all the spotbeam maps for 61.5 are now wrong and in need of updating. :(

Let me get this straight. Dish moved spotbeam 4 so that it now points at Buffalo? (I'm in the Washington DC DMA so I thought spotbeam 4 was mine.) If Dish has done this, then presumably all the spotbeam maps for 61.5 are now wrong and in need of updating. :(

I see this post was answered above mine already ;) Thanks.

Tell that to Dish...nelson61 snagged the map data from what was in the FCC filing, he's been working hard on adjusting things to correct the maps.

If you remember back to when E12 was being switched into spotbeam mode several people including myself were confused on how Buffalo would be covered at all as the old PDF US map we had didn't even show it covered. I quickly started seeing this also when I was mapping the different markets to the beams as some didn't make sense. But they were indeed the correct beam numbers as the transponders are interlaced on each beam as not create interference, so it was found that the satellite was shifted as I haven't seen anything in the filings that say the E12 beams can be moved. But you can always shift the whole satellite.

What are my options for getting a Fox channel? If I call E* and complain, will I get an east or west coast Fox? Hopefully in HD? Am I stuck waiting until Max Media gets Fox back up in Bozeman?

If you are missing a network you can subscribe to it on All American Direct, which is available on all Dish Network receivers.

You can subscribe to SD for a reasonable price, or HD for an outrageous price.

IIRC, it is:

http://mydistantnetworks.com

Thanks Jim and digi. I rather completely forgot about that thread. :(

After another review of The List and spotbeam maps 3 and 4, it appears the satellite hasn't been rotated by very much. Spotbeam 4 for Washington DC is listed in The List as serving all the way south to Manteo, NC, and north to Buffalo, NY. The look angle makes the spot on the ground very long. I don't think it needs to reach much farther than the existing map to reach Buffalo. Most of the rest of NY and CT are still on spotbeam 3. Another possibility (other than rotating the satellite) is to make the relevant transponder for Buffalo a little hotter. Isn't that a tunable parameter on E12?

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S.
Out of curiosity, I looked to see what these channels were. To my surprise, they showed as available in my guide even though I subscribe to no international channels. But when I tried to tune to them, I have NO signal on that transponder. Not a bit. All my other channels from 61.5 are coming in as far as I know, but I can't check right now because I'm recording. Has anybody else lost this supposedly-CONUS transponder?

I am receiving these channels tonight, but I hadn't checked before.

So, is all this activity the reason that the seemingly random free international channels I get have suddenly changed? Until today I got Radio France International (660) and PFC (577) which was mainly Brasilian soccer, and now I've lost those and I get the three arabic stations listed above.

Does this happen often? I'm kind of enjoying the arabic sports station, but I'll miss PFC soccer. Do these rotate or is this just random?

Thanks Jim and digi. I rather completely forgot about that thread. :(

After another review of The List and spotbeam maps 3 and 4, it appears the satellite hasn't been rotated by very much. Spotbeam 4 for Washington DC is listed in The List as serving all the way south to Manteo, NC, and north to Buffalo, NY. The look angle makes the spot on the ground very long. I don't think it needs to reach much farther than the existing map to reach Buffalo. Most of the rest of NY and CT are still on spotbeam 3. Another possibility (other than rotating the satellite) is to make the relevant transponder for Buffalo a little hotter. Isn't that a tunable parameter on E12?

Tunable to a point. E12 has a few solar array issues but it's not running near the amount of beams it was designed for.

So, is all this activity the reason that the seemingly random free international channels I get have suddenly changed? Until today I got Radio France International (660) and PFC (577) which was mainly Brasilian soccer, and now I've lost those and I get the three arabic stations listed above.

Does this happen often? I'm kind of enjoying the arabic sports station, but I'll miss PFC soccer. Do these rotate or is this just random?

They do tend to change which international channels are free once or twice a month. Sometimes none of them are though, at least none on the 61.5 satellite.

I'm still not getting this transponder. I checked all my HD channels and they work, so hopefully it remains just this one transponder and not one that has a channel I watch.

Dish cant sell distants but AAD can (link is noted in previous post)

What doesnt make sense is those stations in MT (KBTZ Butte, KMMF Missoula, KLMN Great Falls) ARE still there on satellite. Equity uplinks them on Galaxy 18 satellite (just watched them last night) and KLMN is still on Bresnan cable. Equity shut down the OTA stations because they have to. The LP station in Bozeman on 32 **might** still be up since LP stations didnt have to shut down.

Dish could have grabbed the signal from satellite instead of OTA for the time being...but I guess they decided not to

What transponder are you missing?

14 on 61.5, the one they just added three Arabic channels in preview mode to. I don't care about the channels, but I'm wondering what's wrong with my setup. 61.5 is on a Dish 300, connected to a Dish 500 for 110 and 119. I don't remember what the name for that is, when the switch is built into the Dish 500 LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)