6/3/2010 9:25am - Uplink Activity Report - 40 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
At noon Salisbury,MD locals were still non-available: however this is the setup before my question - the 722 can access via the dish channels 6740-44 for SD and then mapped them to the local channel numbers or it can access the local channels directly via OTA (ABC, CBS, FOX, and PBS) for HD, no NBC that would have to be added so the question is this Is there an order which the 722 follows for selecting HD vs SD, the dish vs OTA?

Well Stu,

What confusing me is that both channels are provided by Dish. WTVY in Dothan, and WJHG in Panama City. Sounds like an easy fix.

As for NBC being provided for Dothan as someone mentioned. None of Dothan's Locals are in HD. So now I'm really confused.

Thanks

Joe

Joe,

Thats correct, it gets very confusing!

At some point I guess that we will get WTVY in SD from Dothan and Dothan will get WJHG from PC..... not sure if Dothan will get WJHG in SD or HD..... we can get both SD and HD from DISH.

I don't belive DISH has any of the Dothan locals in HD.......even though DIRECT and COMCAST have the Big 4 in HD.

Hopefully at some point we can get all 4 of the networks in HD from DISH and the same for Dothan.......... I'm hoping that before the NFL season starts that HD will available...........of course you can get CBS from AAD in HD.

I guess I will just check this as well as DBS talk.com and see if anyone will let us know when the 8 short Markets are available....... looks like that won't be happening today as we were lead to belive.

Stu

Under the new STELA rules, E* had to provide locals to all 210 DMA's. E* could then apply for a waiver of the injunction that prevented E* from providing distants. Once E* became a qualified carrier of all 210 DMA's the waiver would be granted and E* could then offer out of market networks to the short markets. It's all in the details. All the i's had to be dotted and t's crossed before E* could offer the out of markets networks to anyone.

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I appreciate it!

Stu

panama city get the locals in hd.no excuse for dothan not getting hd .columbus uplink in hd.you get the locals in dothan in hd from drectv.

Here is a reply I got from a similiar post at DBS talk.com to further muddy the waters.

"I expect DISH is being cautious with the remaining "SV" uplinks and making sure they only make them available to qualified customers. Most SVs were turned on this morning just after 9am. I have not taken a close look to see if there are portions of the market that would not get WTVY as a SV (putting it under the distants law for the remainder of the market).

As noted earlier in this thread, DISH received permission to activate distants for qualified customers in short markets ... but just being in a short market is not qualifying. If there is another CBS that provides a signal to part of the market either that CBS could be carried (if SV) or a waiver would be needed.

It would be an odd situation if WTVY itself was the CBS from which a waiver would be needed for the non SV portions of the market. Something to take a closer look at."

I'm not sure what to next?

Stu

the channels that was turned on today how long does it take for them to show up? i have the jackson, tn locals and nbc and cbs are coming out of memphis, tn which was turned on today

the channels that was turned on today how long does it take for them to show up? i have the jackson, tn locals and nbc and cbs are coming out of memphis, tn which was turned on today

If you are already subscribed to a locals package, and channels were added today, then they should just show up in your guide (you may need to check the 4 digit numbers).

If not, then when you are not recording, pull the AC plug on your receiver for 15-20 seconds, plug it back in, and you may see them when it comes back (let the program guide update, so that you get program guide information for any new channels).

If you are already subscribed to a locals package, and channels were added today, then they should just show up in your guide (you may need to check the 4 digit numbers).

If not, then when you are not recording, pull the AC plug on your receiver for 15-20 seconds, plug it back in, and you may see them when it comes back (let the program guide update, so that you get program guide information for any new channels).

that still didnt work still only getting the 3 channels fox, abc and pbs. i called dish and they sent a reactivation or something like that and said if that didnt work then they would send a tech out, but what can he do to make them work?

Looks like they didnt turn on the Memphis "fill in locals" yet
SatelliteGuys.US - Dish Network ALL

They are still in RED but the locals (not the ones they import) are active. Once Dish turns on the others they will show up in the guide

the uplink says that the memphis ones are available this morning? when i put my address in on dish website it says that the memphis ones are available in my area

Those are for Jonesboro, AR...note the channel range

Your locals are channel 6670-6674 and the 2 you are mentioning are in red which means DIsh hasnt turned them on. They did turn them on for the Jonesboro, AR market

edit: you're right...when you run an address in that market it shows Memphis listed. I'd wait til tomorrow. Hopefully Dish turns them on

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 197
As of 2:00 PM Fri. 6/4 , Jackson, TN's fill-ins are still not available. Called tech & they are still directing people to AAD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)