6.3 IR/UHF PRO remote not working with new tv

speakthetruth

Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
dallas, tx
Hi, I don't know what all is needed, but we bought an Insigna tv and installed it last week as TV2 for dish and when all the cables were back together the remote would no longer work with the tv2. Called dish and they went throught the resetting the secondary address but it would not change, so they sent us a new remote. Well now the new remote does the same thing, it won't change the secondary address. There is an antenna that goes upstairs, but I'm not sure where it goes (connect to tv? connect to wall?), but there's not another one on the receiver. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

was there a splitter behind the old TV? I'm thinking someone extended the range of the remote using a reverse split configuration (essentially piggybacking the remote signal on the TV2 line). If this is the case it should be a cable from the wall to the single side of a splitter, then one cable from one of the legs of the splitter going to the TV, and the antenna on the other leg. There's a graphic somewhere that shows this, but I can't find it right now. perhaps someone who has it handy can post it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)