6.3 UHF Remote question

Cokeswigga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
I have a 622 and 722.

I would like to be able to control both via UHF with a single 6.3 remote.

I can program the the SAT of the 6.3 remote to control either of the receivers,

but I cannot get the AUX to control either.

I used to be able to use the AUX to control my 510 (UHF but not UHF pro)

Can the AUX of the 6.3 UHF remote be used to control either the 622 or 722.

or am I just out of luck?

Thanks

no it wont work because the AUX mode is not UHF Pro it is the old style UHF/IR only

I finanlly busted out the Manual and here is what I found:

Programming to Control a Second Satellite Receiver
If you have another DISH Network satellite receiver installed, you can use this remote in AUX
mode to control it along with your new receiver. When you program the remote to control this other
receiver, the remote will send out IR and UHF (not UHF Pro) signals to the receiver. You can
program the remote to control any other DISH Network satellite receiver, except for following:
• TV2 on DISH 322, ViP222, ViP622 DVR, ViP722 DVR, DISH Player-DVR 522, 625, and 942
• DishPlayer 7100/7200

i remembered that My 510 was a UHF...

didn't know that it wasn't a UHF PRO

I just wish that harmony had a remote that could do UHF/UHF Pro

what exactly is your setup for the 622 and 722? is there actually a TV2 involved for either? Which TVs would you like to beable to control both from? There may be a solution, but it depends on your setup.

what exactly is your setup for the 622 and 722? is there actually a TV2 involved for either? Which TVs would you like to beable to control both from? There may be a solution, but it depends on your setup.

I have a 722 (Dual Mode) and a 622 (Single Mode), both receivers are NOT in my bedroom.

I want to control 722 TV2 and 622 on one remote from my bedroom.

I have a 722 (Dual Mode) and a 622 (Single Mode), both receivers are NOT in my bedroom.

I want to control 722 TV2 and 622 on one remote from my bedroom.

In this case the only solution would be to get any IR repeater and have the repeater go to the 622. Program the 722 TV2 into the SAT Button, and the 622 into the AUX button. The old UHF standard sent both UHF & IR commands, so the UHF commands will not do anything, and the IR will be picked up and resent to the 622 via your IR repeater. Other than that there really isn't anything you can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts