6.5 Million LinkedIn Accounts May Be Compromised, Change Your Passwords Now

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yep, I changed my PW there. Not a straightforward way to do it, either.

And I'll be darned if I see a logout button there.

If you have a LinkedIn account, now's a good time to change your password

dont have one so a moot point for me :)

Yep, I changed my PW there. Not a straightforward way to do it, either.

And I'll be darned if I see a logout button there.

On the very upper right hand corner where it shows your name is where you can change your password and also sign out of the website. Just move the mouse over your name and select settings for a password change and sign out to sign out. :D

On the very upper right hand corner where it shows your name is where you can change your password and also sign out of the website. Just move the mouse over your name and select settings for a password change and sign out to sign out. :D

Thank you I'll try that.

I changed my password, and have something like 160 connections, but its not particularly valuable to me. I've never really "got it."

I'm only continuing it because my company may go under, perhaps as early as next week. :(

I might then need to fill in a lot of information and market myself.

I hope I'm wrong, and get another 10-15 years with them.

From what I have read all users that were impacted were notified by email so if you didn't receive an email your account information is most likely safe for now. If you received an email from them then I would go out and change every password for accounts that may use the same password.

I pretty much keep different passwords on every site. I usually incorporate something to do with the site name in the password. While a human looking at the password in plain text could easily see what the "root" of the password was and probably guess what another site password would be, I count on them capturing millions of passwords like in this case and not have the time to look through them all.

I have 6 "roots" considering how secure/important I think the site is. It works pretty well and will stop a robot program from trying a compromised password against other sites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts