6 ft Fortec C dish and S2 HD signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

janz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Southern Ontario
I am trying to convince my wife to accept purchase of 6 ft Fortec C dish with polar mount. Bigger dish is out of a question.
I am located in Canada Ontario close to Toronto. I am thinking about reception of FTA S2 HD signals.
Is the dish to small for reception of this type of signals?
If yes I am going to give up and focus on improving my Ku setup.
Thanks for advice.

I am trying to convince my wife to accept purchase of 6 ft Fortec C dish with polar mount. Bigger dish is out of a question.
I am located in Canada Ontario close to Toronto. I am thinking about reception of FTA S2 HD signals.
Is the dish to small for reception of this type of signals?
If yes I am going to give up and focus on improving my Ku setup.
Thanks for advice.

Sorry to disappoint ya but your 6ft is no where near the requirement for DVB-S2 signals. Most users here have a 10ft for proper signal quality. I myself have a 6ft Fortec and can't see any CBAND dvb-s2 signals at all. DVB-S are fine tho.

For S2 your gonna want a 10' at the minimum. I have both a 10' and a 7.5' and the 7.5' struggles with S2. Some couldn't even been seen. The 10' outshines it.

You might try a 1.2m dish for Ku, and also get a dual out Cband lnbf and have a part-time mini-BUD. I get some of the stronger C-band signals on my mini-bud, even through the rain outside right now, when the ku 90cm is pixelating. The Ku side of my minibud , though, is pretty lousy, compared with putting a Ku lnbf on it, so I just swap out the lnbf's as I need to, depending upon whether I'm going to be watching the games on c-band or not.
Today is a C-band day, with the Indians on STO at 2:20 PM and the Braves on PeachTree TV around 7:00 PM . :)

Good luck also trying to fing any polar mount dish 6.0 or 7.5ft . They are all sold out. I purchased a 6ft , and I am currently on the waiting list from Sadoun which called to inform me that there is a 2 months wait. All polar mounts sold out.

My 10' has locked every DVB-S2 I've tried. However I was surprised to find my 6' Fortec locks around 90% of them also. The only problem I've seen with the smaller dish is adjacent orbital interference. Both of these dishes are very carefully tweaked and both have very nice ortho feeds with Norsat 8115s. I can't say whether these latter pieces make a difference, but they certainly don't hurt.

Good luck also trying to fing any polar mount dish 6.0 or 7.5ft . They are all sold out. I purchased a 6ft , and I am currently on the waiting list from Sadoun which called to inform me that there is a 2 months wait. All polar mounts sold out.

Just bought one a few days ago (not from Sadoun though).

Last edited:
i wouldnt buy a new 10 footer they are about 900 bux, look around and find a nice one.

Kindly explain to your wife that you will have to get one that big to get certian channels.

The easy answer is if you are the property owner. If you alone own the deed to your property and you alone pay the taxes on the property, then you can get any size dish you want! Granted, I'm not married, but I'm very passionate about my hobby. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)