NPS to try again :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
NPS is going to try again at doing something with the bitrate on G3. Lets hope there not blowing smoke this time :(

"UPDATE ON THE G-3 SATELLITE:

Please let your customer know we are going to attempt repair on the G-3 channels in two weeks, when Motorola can have an engineer on site. MM

Dealers, Please know that we are doing all we can to improve on the G3 signal. This is not a guaranteed fix.

We are going to attempt the move we were going to do last week to improve the picture quality on G3. This time a Motorola engineer will be on site."

Maybe NPS is running scared since the last G3 blow has left a bad taste in quite a few's mouths. Seems people are fed up and jumping ship. Maybe Mike finally decided to put the customer requests first or loose a good portion of client's.

here's hoping. I already planned out what packages to get at SRL. but on occassion I do watch stuff on G3. I would have moved, but it is nice to have a couple of those G3 channels.
but I sure won't hold my breath waiting

I renewed my G3 stuff pending the first attempt for 6 more months so I got stuck. Although I don't watch G3 that much mostly because of the poor picture I do watch it here and there. Maybe with Motorola on site they can get it done. I don't think Crawford can do it themselves and they back slid because of that. Maybe NPS got lots of irate phone calls and e-mails about letting it go and Mike saw potential dollars lost because people are bailing out. If NPS don't do all they can to secure the clients they have now, they won't have more than a handful soon.

I would think that the fixed W5 could work to bring more people over. BUT there are just certain channels that people think they need that they just can't get (nickelodeon for those of us with kids) and HD is seriously lacking in subscription service, but then again, I'm preaching to the choir here and this would then just be the stepping stone to FTA :)

HITS uplinks all the missing channels like Nick etc except there in combo (megapipe) mode. If the DSR 924 came out like they were planning it would have done megepipe. :(

Nick West, ABC Family, and Disney are all in 4D compatible mode as masters. If they would work on getting those it would really help C band.

Nick West, ABC Family, and Disney are all in 4D compatible mode as masters. If they would work on getting those it would really help C band.

Personally, I would sub through any provider to get Nick back on C band. We haven't had it since it left analog a couple of years ago. They still carry Nicktoons and Nick G&S on 4DTV, why not Nick?

I hear the household complaints about the lack of Nick and why can't we have it ?
There's plenty of willing customers that would pay for the services if they were available. Add Boomerang and WGN America to the list.

agreed. My kids have been watching noggin.. but my son is getting a little too old for it. nick would be nice to have. (but not so nice as to switch back to a pizza dish)

agreed. My kids have been watching noggin.. but my son is getting a little too old for it. nick would be nice to have. (but not so nice as to switch back to a pizza dish)

The N channel and Nicktoons play some of Nick's shows. But Nick would be nice.

and yet still nothing has been done??

Guess what Fizzle... Nothing is going to happen. Another NPS pipe dream. When your around the 4DTV game a while you'll come to expect it :( We need to support the W5 channels and SRL more than NPS with there bit starved mess. Thats my next move when my G3's run out with NPS.

when srl starts carrying toon they will get my dollar bill, but untill then, nope. Toon network is and always will be my favortie channel AND they dont carry comedy central

Cartoon Network a few years ago was much better. I want old school cartoons.....not crap from a year ago :)

because we have the baby boomers that watch older cartoons, then we have the y geeneration, like me, that watch funny, more modren cartoons like ATHF, squidbillies, and tim and erics awesome show.

huh?, its not yet fixed, its still a bitstarved mess

And will stay that way unless that 1995 vintage first generation encoder that Crawford sold NPS takes a dump and Mike is forced to get a new one. Oh ya did I mention subscription rates will double then.

I subscribed to 4DTV for Cartoon network as well. More often then not the DC2 will not lock. Its almost like im getting noise from someone uplinking a feed near by. My Pansat on the same LNBF has shows NO drop in signal strength.

Needless to say I will prob be selling the 4DTV receiver at the end of the month when my 3 month plan expires.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)