6 FT Solid Channel Master

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MichaelFTA

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
south dakota
What would be the easiest way to motorize a 6 foot solid Channel Master Dish on a Baird Mount? Would be used for KU. Or better yet is it possible to motorize? I have 2 of these dishes.

alternate solution

Does this dish have four tubular LNB support arms (probably with a slight bend in 'em near the dish face)?
If so, it's prime feed.

Or is this an offset dish?
As I recall, that one has three tubular supports holding the LNB.
I've seen both.

I recommend an AJAK 180 motor, or maybe a Birdview if ya find one with a damaged dish.
(yes, a few years ago, we ran across just that very thing!)
Either motor should have no trouble swinging a molded 6' dish from horizon to horizon.
Both motors are for prime feed dishes, but...
We've got members who've put offset dishes on both, so that's not a problem.

Last edited:
Though I have never seen one, chaparral made a h-h motor.
dscn2176f.jpg

No, sorry. You have to find all three out "in the wild".
Surplus. Used. Previously loved. etc.

But lest you think such things are an impossible find, I actually found both the Ajak and Birdview locally, and within a few months of each other. ;)
Of course, both came with 8' spun aluminum dishes, so the 6' Prodelin offset I thought about motorizing, went to the trash. - :eek:

On a more serious and useful note, here are pix of the 6' Andrew/ChannelMaster dish on a BUD mount.
Note the bracketry to tilt it forward/down.
That compensates for the up-look of the offset dish.
Check the dish specs, but it's around 24°.
I've seen the hardware sold in stores in the UK.
Here in the USA, we usually just build our own.

These pix show the matching Ku feedhorn and LNB, as well.

Attachments

• CM1 (Large).JPG
    CM1 (Large).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 746
  • CM2 (Large).JPG
    CM2 (Large).JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 548
  • CM3 (Large).JPG
    CM3 (Large).JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 392
  • CM4 (Large).JPG
    CM4 (Large).JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 445
  • CM5 (Large).JPG
    CM5 (Large).JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 401
  • CM6 (Large).JPG
    CM6 (Large).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 401
I have an offer to buy a new Openbox 10 for $99.00 and free shipping. Someone tell me I'd be crazy not to buy it for my 6 foot CBand project! I have a Traxis 4000 and 4500 and a Coolsat 6000. Does the Openbox10 beat the Traxis DBS 4000?

So it would be worth the $100? Just how much more is out there that I can't get with my receivers? Other than HD?

If you are KU only (I think you mentioned that) other than the PBS from Montana, Oklahoma and Louisiana (all are S2) you'd gain HD which is good if you are a sports fan

Openbox S10 Mini is ordered for $99. Can't wait to see how much this opens my "FTA" world!? How many others on here are close to the Sioux Falls area?

I am trying to give away a 6 foot solid dish Ice. I can't get access to the classified section so that's why I'm wondering anybody close to me wants it? I also have a non penetrating mount that is a Baird Mount model #bpts-6. Will work with this dish. All will fit in a pickup. Would be worth the drive if someone would need it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.