Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Last night I had a chance to install my USB Satellite Tuner Card. Installed the drivers that came along with it along with DVB Dream. Took the cable out of my microHD and hooked it up to the tuner card on input one.

Did a scan in DVB Dream and it found the NASA mux. Could watch both of the channels but could not watch the UHD version. Searched for DVB Dream and HEVC and found codecs to install and now I can watch Nasa UHD (kind of choppy though, CPU is pegged at 100% but this computer is using the built in video card... I have a feeling it would be smoother and use less CPU if I had a good GPU in there.

Next up I downloaded EBSpro. Since I have seen some of you guys talking so much about it I registered it without even trying it.

Got it setup and did a blind scan and again got the NASA mux. Got it to launch VLC and display video. Switching between channels on the mux is a pain. VLC is not as smooth as playing the NASA UHD feed as DVB Dream was.

Anyways got some questions... (and am willing to use either program)

1) Satellite Tuner Card is a Dual Tuner Card. I want to put KU on the second input. Can either program switch between inputs?
2) For my C Band dish I have a GBOX dish mover. Using the programs above how to I control it to move the DISH to the other already programmed locations?
3) For my KU DISH it uses USALS. Does any program work with USALS? If yes whats the easiest way to set it up?

I really need to find someone from CT or from Around Connecticut (and pay them if need be!) to come tune my C Band dish... The only transponder I can pick up on 105 is the NASA mux. Last time I went out to tune the dish I fell off the ladder and haven't been back up again. :D

Not even sure what I am looking at here. I hooked up the KU dish to input zero and did a blind scan using USALS and found a bunch of things most of them wild feeds all in a bunch of different formats.
It does not seem to be 97 as it says it is but it is on something.

6a027777f665d1f3b2e7d8f4282ca893.jpg

9c9989e1513401f31ccc9920148223e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Do you have a universal LNBF on our Ku dish?

Nope Standard.

Just trying to figure out what satellite I am on. It says its scanning 91 now and its finding a lot of CBS Newspath on it.

Its strange seeing these 32APSK and 16 APSK transponders showing up.

Finally a clue. It says it's scanning 91 (Galaxy 17).

a8bd835d2cf1aba65501836475d037aa.jpg

1) Satellite Tuner Card is a Dual Tuner Card. I want to put KU on the second input. Can either program switch between inputs?
EBSPro can switch between inputs. Not sure about DVBDream because I don't use it. Instead of "1" and "2" EBSPro calls them "A" and "B". I use mine the same way -- one input for C Band and the other KU.

Finally a clue. It says it's scanning 91 (Galaxy 17).

a8bd835d2cf1aba65501836475d037aa.jpg

Those radio station are on 99w. Also, it seems your LO settings are off as you're getting the wrong TP freq. Fix that and it'll be easier finding where you are.

Here are my settings. Thanks for answering the dumb questions. I applied for their forum but have not been accepted yet.

LyngSat and SatHint lists those 4 radio stations as 11800/11802 rather than 10799.604. (Reka, Mayak, Svoboda, Kulture)
Either the transponder whas changed since March 2015 or Scott is 1000 too LOW

Scott, I believe you need to change the LNB type to Ku_Circular or Custom with LOF 1 to 10750000 and 22KHz off. Set the blind scan range from 11700 to 12200, Horizontal, steps to 3MHz and 11700 to 12200, Vertical, steps to 3MHz

Is the motor moving if selecting another satellite? Are you clicking "GoTo Angle" to execute the USALS command?
76049b0b29c3f8389723ce010f00c9f8.jpg
72387ce45d505929692887918fc156ad.jpg

Brian thanks for the tip on the lnb.

For USALS I am setting it when I setup the satellite. In the DISEcQ Macro box I select USALS from the pull down box. There is a number automatically added in there I hit the free plus button as shown below.

9c27469e13a63a750473c8bb4ec8aeb6.jpg

The LNB config will now work correctly. :)

Does the motor move? Does the LED on the motor blink when the motor move DISEqC command is issued? Try clicking "GoTo Angle" to execute the USALS command in the Positioner Console window.

I'd suggest changing Circular to Custom. I don't think this affects reception, but changes the GUI to show Horizontal/Vertical instead of Left/Right everywhere. Also, after the USALS command in the macro on the right, add a Wait of "0" which will tell the software to wait for the dish to finish moving before you start scanning. (zero lets the software calculate the time interval based on the speed of the motor you set in the setup screen) It could be the dish was still moving when doing the scan? This would be very necessary if setting up a multi-satellite scan.

Scott, if it lets you specify "east" or "west" for longitude, you shouldn't need to make your west longitude negative. Maybe that's messing it up.

It did that automatically when I selected where I lived in the USALS settings.

I think I am starting to figure it out now. The KU side seems to be good now but the C band dish needs some work. Maybe this weekend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts