6 things I like about my new Direct TV service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kschramm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
I just made the switch from E* to D*. My equipment was installed yesterday. I have Whole home DVR. One HR24 receiver is in the living room and another HR24 is in the bedroom. Here is a list of 6 things I like so far about Direct TV.

1. The remote control: very easy to set and plays nice with my Samsung TV and Yamaha sound bar. Works better than my Harmony Remote.

2. Whole Home DVR. While DISH does have whole home DVR it does not provide HD for the rest of the house. With Directv you can have HD and shared DVR on multiple TV’s

3. The size and quietness of the HR24. Previously I had the Dish Vip622, that thing is a beast, runs loud and very hot. These HR24’s are small, sleek cool and quiet. Look nice too.

4. Internet Site, Directv’s web site is great. It flows nicely and is logical. There is one portal to access everything, I can access and edit my recording schedule. Pay and view my bill online, add stuff etc… Dish web site is a mess, multiple logins, multiple pages…

5. HD channel selection: MASN and Disney available in HD. I watch MASN for the Nationals baseball and my daughter watches Disney and both are in HD with Direct. With Dish they were not.

6. Quick Guide. Direct TV has a customizable quick guide. The quick guide shows the logos of 9 of your favorite channels. This is great for my 5 year old. I set the quick guide to the channels she watches.

we should also talk about the superior picture quality :D

Yeah I agree with everything you said! Oh Welcome to the Empire but yeah the size of the units are great and they have a nice look as well. I really like Direct site allot better as well and the HD PQ is better just a overall better experience. Glad things went well for you again Welcome Aboard. :)

thanks for the welcome. tomorrow my install should be complete. the installer has to come back out and install the broadband adapter. After that I will get to play with some other new features. maybe turn my list of 6 into10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)