6000 - Green Blocks when switching from satellilte SD to HD

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
Sometimes when I switch from watching a satellite SD program to one of the four DISH HD stations, I get huge green (sometimes yellow) blocks on the screen for a partial second or so. They always clear up right away.

Anyone else get these?

Thanks

Jeff

No, I haven't noticed this behavior on my 6000. Yet, I do not use my 6000 to watch SD. 99% of the time, I use it to watch HD.

Re: 6000 - Green Blocks when switching from satellilte SD to

ride525 said:
Sometimes when I switch from watching a satellite SD program to one of the four DISH HD stations, I get huge green (sometimes yellow) blocks on the screen for a partial second or so. They always clear up right away.

Anyone else get these?

Thanks

Jeff

I've seen that from time to time on my 2 year old 6000. I've also seen it on the OTA with the 8VSB. I think it's just a software spurt and nothing to worry about.

I've seen 'garbage' when I switch to a channel that does 720p, such as ESPN-HD and my local OTA channels that do 720p. It doesn't matter what channel I'm switching from, it only occurs when I'm going to a 720p channel. When you get the garbage I notice that the channel banner display isn't showing up. So I wonder if the box is getting messed up trying to add the channel banner when the source material is in 720p.

I don't think its a hardward "problem". I thinks its just a spat that occurs when the tuner is syncronizing on the new signal.

I get it only going from SD to a 720p channel. My old 6000 never did this, but then I couldn't get any 720p programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts