6000 - Green Blocks when switching from satellilte SD to HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
Sometimes when I switch from watching a satellite SD program to one of the four DISH HD stations, I get huge green (sometimes yellow) blocks on the screen for a partial second or so. They always clear up right away.

Anyone else get these?

Thanks

Jeff

No, I haven't noticed this behavior on my 6000. Yet, I do not use my 6000 to watch SD. 99% of the time, I use it to watch HD.

Re: 6000 - Green Blocks when switching from satellilte SD to

ride525 said:
Sometimes when I switch from watching a satellite SD program to one of the four DISH HD stations, I get huge green (sometimes yellow) blocks on the screen for a partial second or so. They always clear up right away.

Anyone else get these?

Thanks

Jeff

I've seen that from time to time on my 2 year old 6000. I've also seen it on the OTA with the 8VSB. I think it's just a software spurt and nothing to worry about.

I've seen 'garbage' when I switch to a channel that does 720p, such as ESPN-HD and my local OTA channels that do 720p. It doesn't matter what channel I'm switching from, it only occurs when I'm going to a 720p channel. When you get the garbage I notice that the channel banner display isn't showing up. So I wonder if the box is getting messed up trying to add the channel banner when the source material is in 720p.

I don't think its a hardward "problem". I thinks its just a spat that occurs when the tuner is syncronizing on the new signal.

I get it only going from SD to a 720p channel. My old 6000 never did this, but then I couldn't get any 720p programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)