6000 remote control question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rvd_mark

Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Hi,
I just aquired a used 6000. It did not come with remote and i'm having a tough time try to figure out why my other dish remotes are not working with this unit. I tried my uhf 501 remote, my regular blue button remote and nothing. It does have the uhf antenna installed in the back of the unit. I went to the menu and saw the diagnostic screen for the remote. It said my id is 1 and my remote id is 15 and it failed. Is there anyway i can change that id to make my remote work. i went to the dish site and tried downloading the manual but no luck. Thanks in advance for help on this.

Press and hold the SAT button on your remote until it blinks. Press the number 1, then the # key. The SAT button will blink 3 times, then you can use the remote.

Alan

Remote Woes

Hey Al,
Thanks for the help, I still have not gotten it to work though. I followed the instruction but my remote still does not want to work. I even tried a displayer remote on it with no go. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Did I read your first post correctly? I am reading that your receivers id is #1. If so, then the directions I gave you will set the remote address to one as well. Try this.
1. Go to the System Information screen in the menu (the screen that shows the remote address number)
2. Press and hold the Sat button until all four mode buttons glow red. When you release the Sat button, the Sat button will blink.
3. Press any number 1 through 15 into the remote while the Sat button is blinking (the button will stop blinking and glow red once you begin to press number buttons). Once you enter the number, press the # key.
4. Now press the RECORD button on the remote. Your Important System Information screen should refresh, now showing the number on the screen that you entered into the remote. Then your remote should work. If it does not, then your trouble lies with the receiver itself, I'm afraid. It seems unlikely that the UHF can and the IR sensor have both gone bad, but you could have something blown on the board.

Best of luck

Alan

al said:
Did I read your first post correctly? I am reading that your receivers id is #1. If so, then the directions I gave you will set the remote address to one as well. Try this.
1. Go to the System Information screen in the menu (the screen that shows the remote address number)
2. Press and hold the Sat button until all four mode buttons glow red. When you release the Sat button, the Sat button will blink.
3. Press any number 1 through 15 into the remote while the Sat button is blinking (the button will stop blinking and glow red once you begin to press number buttons). Once you enter the number, press the # key.
4. Now press the RECORD button on the remote. Your Important System Information screen should refresh, now showing the number on the screen that you entered into the remote. Then your remote should work. If it does not, then your trouble lies with the receiver itself, I'm afraid. It seems unlikely that the UHF can and the IR sensor have both gone bad, but you could have something blown on the board.

Best of luck

Alan
hey alan,
It worked dude. I changed it to 15 and its working good now. Thanks for the help man, appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)