6000 w/783 software bug. Does your 6k do this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
I called Dish support because my 6000 was having the following issue:

-First Scenario
1. Create a timer for Auto-Tune or VCR
2. Under the menu option Timer attempt to edit the timer you just created.
3. Machine crashes and restarts and the timer you created is gone

-Second Scenario
1. Under the menu option Timer select create a timer manually
2. Machine crashes and restarts

I ran a complete system diagnostic several times and received a VRAM error on just over half of the times.

I called Dish support and they decided to RA my receiver and send a replacement. I received my replacement 6000 receiver, set it up and added it to my account. I go into the Timers menu to setup my timers and BOOM the same thing as above.

So the issue is not a hardware failure or even specific to MY receiver or the replacement receiver they sent me but must be the latest software version for the 6000 rev. 783. If you have a 6000, and you don’t mind crashing you box please try the above and verify my findings.

On a side note I will be sending back one of the receivers…so which one should it be…the replacement or my original?

THX

Paradox-SJ said:
-Second Scenario
1. Under the menu option Timer select create a timer manually
2. Machine crashes and restarts
THX

I also have a 6000 w. sw level 783. I tried your Second Scenario literally, just Step 1. I brought up the 'Create a Manual Event Timer' menu, but didn't actually create one, then cancelled out. Nothing abnormal happened. I tried that several times with the same results. Does your scenario actually require more to be done to generate the error?

vicw said:
I also have a 6000 w. sw level 783. I tried your Second Scenario literally, just Step 1. I brought up the 'Create a Manual Event Timer' menu, but didn't actually create one, then cancelled out. Nothing abnormal happened. I tried that several times with the same results. Does your scenario actually require more to be done to generate the error?

In my case nothing more needs to be done. As soon as I go to Timers then create timer, I wait ( a few seconds) for the VCR Selection and the channels to show up and as soon as they do, it crashes.

No problems on mine, I set manual timers all the time for my local OTA channels and have edited them many times without a problem.

I have several auto tune settings in my 6000 and have never had
a problem creating them.I never tried to have it control my vcr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)