6000u HD picture problem?

ScottBA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
I received my 6000u early last week. I've watched a variety of HD programming on the 4 subscription channels. Everything looks BEAUTIFUL on my front-projection system.

Here's the problem. Last week, I was watching an NAVY vs. AIRFORCE football game on HDnet. The picture was gorgeous EXCEPT when they did a wide-angle shot panning the stadium from above. When they did that, the picture appeared to be broken up in veritical lines as it panned. I notice this on NO OTHER shots, only from that particular camera angle. At the time, I chaulked it up to a bad camera or something & didn't think about it.

Then...I was watching the ESPNHD Sunday Night Football broadcast this past weekend, and I noticed the EXACT SAME THING on the EXACT SAME CAMERA ANGLE. Normal action looks perfectly fine, but this one slow motion panning shot of the stadium looks broken up in vertical lines.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm worried that there might be problem with my receiver and/or projector since it happened on two separate channels. BUT...I've never noticed it on anything else.

I'm not going nuts...my wife noticed it also. And she isn't NEAR as picky as I am regarding stuff like this.

It might be that not all of the cameras covering the game are HD cameras. I've read some posts talking about this issue.

jm9 said:
It might be that not all of the cameras covering the game are HD cameras. I've read some posts talking about this issue.

It's not that. When it's a non-HD camera you can tell...the picture looks a little fuzzy, but no vertical lines.

This is a definite HD picture...with vertical lines appearing as it's panning.

markdl said:
Is your 6000 set to display 1080i or 720p through your projector?

I have it set to 1080i. I played around with 720p & 1080i settings, and the 1080i settings looked better. The 720p was "shrunk"...the picture didn't fill up my screen.

But, I didn't see if changing it to 720p would fix this vertical line problem. Could that make a difference?

The rest of these games on both HDnet & ESPNHD looked spectacular on the 1080i setting otherwise...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)