61 110 119

akum4r

Original poster
May 25, 2008
Hey guys,

I currently have Dish Network. I would like to get channels from 110 & 119. My current package gives me Hindi channels that comes from 61.5. I called Dish and and have subscribed to get channels from 110 & 119. They told me that they would charge me to install the second dish and get it set up. I would however like to try and set it up myself and save on the installation & equipment charge.I have a 322 receiver and an older receiver in the bedroom.

Right now I have a dish that is pointing to 61.5 using an older lnb that has two outputs. Both of these outputs are going into the back of the 322. I attempted to split the signal but it would not allow tv2 to work. (I was going to use the other output to hook into the old receiver in the bedroom.) I called Dish and they told me that I needed both output lines going to the 322 because I have the older LNB. I have purchased a Dish pro plus twin LNB from my local Dish network retailer and have been given a Dish Pro LNB from my Dad. (It has two outputs)

Please could you give me more detailed information as to how to hook up the new lnb's and make any changes to 322 receiver settings.

From my understanding I should have the Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB hooked to the 110 & 119 dish and then have the Dish Pro LNB on the 61.5 Dish. Then I need to hook up the 61.5 into the input line of the Dish Pro Plus LNB. One of the two outputs from the Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB should go the 322 receiver which should then be split and the second output should go to my old receiver in my bedroom. Is this correct? Would I need to make any changes to my 322 receiver? It is currently set on using Dish 300 system.
Would I need any switch's or anything?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

You need only a dish 500 since you already have a DPP Twin. Go to the Dish Point screen and put in your zip, that will give you the settings for the dish 500. The DP dual will replace the lnb on your 61.5 and one line run to the twin input. One line will run to your 322 and use a DPP separator to feed both the input. The other output would feed your other receiver. Once everything is hooked up and pointed you will then need to run a check switch test, channel 101 should show on your receivers. You can then call dish to add the programing. You do not need a switch (as it is built into the twin lnb) unless your second receiver is also a dual tuner. A separator may work for that receiver as well, but not sure since you did not list the receiver model. More percise info as to pointing your dish is included in you manual, on the Dish Network website and several other sites (there may be instructions within this website as well.

I agree with garys, just wanted to reiterate that you will need a DPPlus Separator to use a single line to the 322, not a splitter. I can't say for sure that a splitter wouldn't work, because I've honestly never tried it, but if you don't have a Seperator, you can still use the DPPlus Twin with both lines running to your 322, and still have the use of the built in switch. You would just lose having that extra line from the Plus Twin for your extra receiver. Best of luck to you.

Ok I have set it up exactly as stated above. I have the two outputs from the Pro Plus coming down into the house -> 1 is split and connected into the back of the 322. I have the Pro twin connected to the 61.5 dish. There are two outputs on this LNB. I have connected the left side output (119) to the input on Pro Plus. I can now see channel 101. However I do not receive any channels from 611 (No channels are listed on the Guide). When I go to the Point Dish I select 61.5 and I get 62 signal strength but it says Wrong Sat. Whenever I run a check switch I see:
Satellite Input 1
Port 1 2 3
Satellite 119 110 Conn
Trans OK OK X
Device Twin Twin Twin
Status Reception Verified
Switch DPP Twin

Satellite Input 2
Port 1 2 3
Satellite 119 110 Conn
Trans OK OK X
Device Twin Twin Twin
Switch DPP Twin

I am guessing that I need somehow make some changes to the receiver in order for it to recognize to get channels from 61.5
Please could you give me detailed information as to what I need to do to get this fixed.

Thanks!!!!!

I have connected a CCS9601 LNB to the 61.5, therefore I guess that is the reason why it is not working right now. I do however have a Direct Tv SF2-D3 LNB. Would that not work? I have been looking on Ebay for the Pro Dual LNB and have found differing LNB's. Could you please give me a link to the LNB that I would need.

Thanks once again!!!!!

Only Dish DP or DPP lnb's will work, others that are manufactured for other type systems will not. Click on 'The DishStore.net' logo near the top of this page and order it from them. You should get (if not) new lnb, if not it will be under a warrenty.

When I go to the Point Dish I select 61.5 and I get 62 signal strength but it says Wrong Sat.

After you get a DP Dual, connect a line from it direct to the 322 and see if it still says Wrong Satellite Found. If it does, then you aren't pointed at 61.5, you might be pointed at 72.5, which is currently used by DirecTV.

I just installed the Dish Pro Dual LNB. I am still getting the same issue. I am definitely pointing at 61.5. Here is what the Check Switch shows:

Satellite Input 1
Port 1 2 3
Satellite 119 110 Conn
Trans OK OK X
Device Twin Twin Dual
Switch DPP Twin

Satellite Input 2
Port 1 2 3
Satellite 119 110 Conn
Trans OK OK X
Device Twin Twin Dual
Switch DPP Twin

I have no idea why the wing dish is not being detected.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Yes, the receiver is seeing the LNB for the 61.5 since it is reporting the correct type. That means there's no signal coming in through that LNB. It is pointed wrong or not picking up. Run a direct line from 61.5 dish to receiver and see if you get signal lock. My bet is it isn't.

I have a DirectTv LNB on the dish pointing to 61.5 and ran two cables straight down into the back of the 322. Once I run the check switch it works fine.

It shows 61.5 therefore I figured if I used a Dish Network LNB it should work fine seeing as though it is already pointing at 61.5
(Please note I am newbie at this kind of stuff so excuse the lack of my knowledge) but does DirectTv and Dish Network point to different 61.5 Satellites? Right now my 61.5 dish is pointing at elevation 33. The azimuth listed on the Point Dish is 122. On the DirectTv Dish there are no markings relating to the azimuth for me to verify the angles it is point at.

Repeat that same test with the DP dual connected direct to the 322 using two cables and show us the results of the switch test. It is possible the DPP Twin is faulty and not passing signal from the other LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts