This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

61.5 and 129 channels pixilating

s10zr2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have noticed that lately on 61.5 and 129 the channels have been pixilating alot? I have an EA setup with 61.5 and my neighbor has the 129. It seems to be doing it on both sats. I am assuming it is the channel. I know the 129 bird is sick, but I thought the 61.5 bird was ok. It is worse on Nat Geo HD, and TLC HD. I have checked the signal strengths on both sats and they are good. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:
I've seen occasional breakups on 61.5 since at least the last round of HD additions. For the past 2 weeks or so, I've been having a different problem where the picture freezes for 10 seconds or so anywhere from every few hours to every few minutes.

NatGeo pixellates all the time on 61.5 and 129. I have 69 signal strength on the transponder (large wing dish) so its definitely the source. I don't watch TLC because of the giant bug, so I can't comment on that.

Thanks for opening this thread. I did a self-install of a brand new 722, since I already had a wing dish on 61.5, and I've been noticing the same darn thing on the same channels. I was worried that my receiver was marginal.

NatGeo used to have a split picture horizontally that didn't match top and bottom. They "fixed" that and now it pixellates about every five minutes or so. I tried it on 61.5 at 83 signal strength on the new meter on a 30" wing dish and it still pixellates.

NatGeo pixellates all the time on 61.5 and 129. I have 69 signal strength on the transponder (large wing dish) so its definitely the source. I don't watch TLC because of the giant bug, so I can't comment on that.
What is the giant bug?