61.5 install today...hit the jackpot!!! (I think)

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
61.5 install today...hit the jackpot!!!

Welp...had my 61.5 install today. The install was supposed to be between 12 and 5...actually began at 6:15. They actually called around 2:30 to let me know they's be late.

Amazingly enough, it ended up the same person who installed my original Dish install last spring...which was good. He remembered me and the house (I have a rather distinctive garage, which was how he remembered me. :D He was a real nice, knowledgeable guy, whom actually took alot of pride in doing nice clean installs. I instantly felt better about the install.

Then the shock began...he remembered the "challenges" in trying to run wire to different spots in my house, due to the strange way they ran the wires when the house was built (long story...I won't bore you). I told him that I had somewhat changed the wiring, had purchased a 311 for the garage and moved the 322 to my bedroom...and that the 322 was running with only one wire running to tuner 1, and nothing to tuner 2. (I also have and 811 for HD in the living room) I also mentioned that I planned to upgrade to a 942 in the living room someday. He said not to worry about the wiring issues...the new switch would fix that. Since I thought I had a fairly simple setup, I wasn;t expecting a big switch, but lo and behold, he whips out a DPP44! After all the talk about them not being included with the $100 install, that was the last thing I though I would see. He also replaced the Quad LNB with a new Twin (I think I got those terms right!) on the 110/119 dish, and gave me a seperator to add to the 322 in the bedroom! All told a VERY nice, clean install. Ran all the wires (see pics below) installed the power inserter in the attic where the lines come over the garageand, ran check switch on the 311, 322, and finally 811.

The 811 locked up on the first check switch...pulled the power and ran again and all was good. He called and verified the Voom package had been turned on while the 811 booted. This time the 811 ran thru the check switch w/o problems. When we first tried to tune the Voom channels, they were still red in the guide. He ran another check switch, and checked again and they came in this time...been Voomin ever since! The PQ is very impressive! He did say that he had been doing quite a few 61.5 dish installs in the Charlotte area.

I double checked my credit card, and just as they said, they only charged me $100 for the whole deal. Can't believe I got a DPP44 out of the deal...now I don't have to worry how to get the second line to my living room whenever I may be blessed with a HD-DVR! :D

Anyways...just thought I would share my story!

Attachments

• 1-DCP_3143.jpg
    1-DCP_3143.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 451
  • 3-DCP_3146.jpg
    3-DCP_3146.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 449
  • 2-DCP_3144.jpg
    2-DCP_3144.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 483
  • 4-DCP_3149.jpg
    4-DCP_3149.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 403
Cool. the 942, when you get it will come packed with a DPP Seperator too so you won't have to worry about that either.

When Dish installed my 942 yesterday the installer replaced the DP34 with a DPP44 with no questions asked. The guy did a great job. ;)

Maybe mass-production of the DPP44 has brought the materials cost down some.

By the way, if you replace that Y-bracket with an I-bracket and slightly re-aim the dish, your signal will probably go up about 10% or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)