61.5 not getting odd transponders, no Voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sometimes, if you have a lock on the 61.5, you can select the 148, and then change to the trans that don't show up on the 61.5. The screen will show - Not locked, Wrong sat - Echostar 61.5 West. This may work for you. I have tried it on a few receivers and it definately works when you have it as the only sat hooked up. and you already have a signal on the 61.5. Good luck.

mylo said:
Juce,

Thanks for the quick response. I already have two 5 footers pointing to 110 and 119 so that means another 5 footer for the 61.5. Do you think they will move the channels from the 61.5 to another one? Let me see what deal I can get with another 5 footer plus installation to see if it make sense to add just 10 channels...

What do you think? Is it better to wait to see what path Dish takes with their channels or go ahead and add the 3rd 5 footer..

Thanks in advanced,
-mylo

Mylo,
I think that things may change in the future, but it is anyone's guess as to how it would affect Puerto Rico and the caribbean. When DISH decided to enter the market here they purposefuly set spotbeams for locals, and they adjusted their other satelite 119, so that we would only need a 4 foot dish to receive. With MPEG4 on its way, they can fit more channels into the same transponders, so it means that they can use satellites with more coverage (119 and 110) for HD and other content.

So... Will they move HD to 119 or 110? If they do then we are set as we are now. Will the new Rainbow-10 satellite solve our issues here in Puerto Rico? It is a very strong transmitter...

It is just speculation, but for 10 channels, and around $300 to $600 in equipment and installation expenses? I find that I do not miss the new channels, as I never had them... So patience will pay off (at about $600) and time will tell. I will not rush it, so I don't recommend that you do.

Now, if it were CinemaxHD, StarzHD, UniversalHD (1 and 2), ESPN2 HD, NBC, ABC, and FOX, and WGN HD instead of 10 not so interesting channels only good for showing off the quality of your HDTV set... Then I'' probably sell my kidney for a 6 footer...

But then again, I am dreaming. Well, for THOSE channels, I'll pay $5 more a month, but that is all.

:yes

larrystotler said:
You still left something out. The receivers will LIST the transponders of the ones that carry HD channels, but they will show no signal on them. Case in point is 110-13. I show it on my 721, but no signal. Same goes for 110-7 & 110-17. These carry the HD channels and give a zero signal stregnth. I've heard that the 921 shows 61.5-1/3/5/7, but my 721 does not show them. I don't remember when it comes to other E* receivers.
Well, I just did some checking. Neither my 921 or 501 show 61.5-1,3,5,7.

The 501 WILL allow selection of 110-13, and as you say, it shows zero strength.

Mark Lamutt said that his 921 shows the 61.5-1/3/5/7. However, he may be using a newer s/w version since he is a tester. Simon - do you have the 148? If so, try unhooking it and then go to the 61.5 Select a trans that gets a signal, and the change to the 148. Then try selecting the R-1 trans. They should show up as not locked, but they should be there.

juce said:
Anyone have this problem? I am in Puerto Rico if it matters...

Any insight is appreciated, and if anyone in PR got this to work, I would like to hear from you...

Thanks! :confused:

Well, I really don't have answers to you troubles Juce. But being that you are in Puerto Rico I can foresee that Rossello is going to be blamed for this problem as he is for everything else bad that happens in that crazy island.

:)

I don't live in Puerto Rico (midwest) and when I check 61.5 on my 942, I don't show an odd transponder until I get to transponder 25. From there on I get 27, 29, and 31. Does this mean I nead to tweak the dish? I get all the Voom channels. Whats going on?

REB said:
I don't live in Puerto Rico (midwest) and when I check 61.5 on my 942, I don't show an odd transponder until I get to transponder 25. From there on I get 27, 29, and 31. Does this mean I nead to tweak the dish? I get all the Voom channels. Whats going on?
It means the 942 "Point Dish" software doesn't have the V* transponders yet. ;)

Probably in the next software release. Same for the 921.

Juce,

I called a retailer on Carolina,PR and they told me that with a directv dish pointing at the 61.5 location will do it. They say I don't need another 5 footer to get the voom channels? Is that true? Because you said that the minimum will be a 5 footer to get those transponders on the 61.5 location.

Thanks,
Mylo

Lies!

Not true, a DirecTV dish is 4 foot, and that is what I currently have on 61.5, where I get CBS-HD, and none of the Voom transponders work. Trust me I ordered the first day they were available. Also, others in this and other forums, from PR, have reported the same.

mylo said:
Juce,

I called a retailer on Carolina,PR and they told me that with a directv dish pointing at the 61.5 location will do it. They say I don't need another 5 footer to get the voom channels? Is that true? Because you said that the minimum will be a 5 footer to get those transponders on the 61.5 location.

Thanks,
Mylo

SatinKzo said:
The question being, will my 301 no register HD transpoders? I use that for all my peaking and adjustments as the signal meter is much more responsive than my other receivers.

Correct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)