61.5 or 129

jcoppola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Charleston, SC
Right now I have my locals and some HD on 61.5 (Mass) and a 2 dish setup on roof. Moving to South Carolina. Will I still utilize 61.5 or will I need 129. If it is 129 can I receive all with a single dish?

Also, does Dish do Charleston locals in HD?

Thanks

Right now I have my locals and some HD on 61.5 (Mass) and a 2 dish setup on roof. Moving to South Carolina. Will I still utilize 61.5 or will I need 129. If it is 129 can I receive all with a single dish?

Thanks

Most likely you will want 61.5 again. 129 is a weak bird well off to the west. 61.5 is much easier to see in the east.

It does not seem that you will get HD locals via Dish in Charleston, SC. It seems that Myrtle Beach may get them soon. Thats the way I am reading this chart anyway.

Click here.. http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=20669&d=1197343896

It looks like you will need an OTA antenna for your HD locals.

The local RSN may have an HD feed, that may be on 129 as well. You would have to check locally or someone will chime in on if/where to find it.

Gary brings up a good point (as usual). Your RSN's may be Fox South (channel 370) and Sports South (channel 387) in HD. Both are on that friggin 129 bird. I hope you end up with a good view to the west.

Gary, I am calling Dish just for you. After all your hard work, they should turn on the Scranton HD channels just for you! :D

Gary brings up a good point (as usual). Your RSN's may be Fox South (channel 370) and Sports South (channel 387) in HD. Both are on that friggin 129 bird. I hope you end up with a good view to the west.

Gary, I am calling Dish just for you. After all your hard work, they should turn on the Scranton HD channels just for you! :D

Thanks, but no need. Dish says I live in NY dma, I get Scranton via OTA.

Thanks
no HD locals in Chraleston yet.
129 specs. Azimuth. 250 degrees; elevation. 26 (25.9) degrees.
the 61.5 slot is at 154 degrees; elevation 47 degrees.
It all depends on the trees and other obstructions.
The 129 is ok if you use a D-1000 plus. The old D-1000 antenna IMO was too small.
My advice,keep the two dishes and mount them
BTW D-500 is Azimuth 236; Elevation 37; skew 131.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)