61.5 Satellite on Strong Winds

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I read that there were break ups with VOOM with the strong winds but I checked the channels on 61.5 at E* and they were rock solid. Even my OTA antenna did not experience a lot of break ups. If you have E* or V* did you experience break ups due to strong winds?

I receive my Voom and Dish Network signals from the same Voom dish pointed at 61.5. This afternoon while the Voom signal strength dropped and varied widely my signal strength on Dish Network remained unchanged. [/b]

I have been following the VOOM group on YAHOO and it appears that eaither the receivers are really bad or something is wrong with the VOOM Satellite.

I thought the VOOM Satellite was the most powerful satellite in space>? I can't understand why people are getting signal readings of 40 - 60, You would think they would be much higher.

Having a Dish pointed at 61.5 for years I can assure you I have never had "Wind fade" the voom folks are having.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I thought the VOOM Satellite was the most powerful satellite in space>? I can't understand why people are getting signal readings of 40 - 60, You would think they would be much higher.

Those numbers are relative, but you don't know what they are relative to. You can't compare them to the readings of a Dish receiver or DirectTV receiver.

mkm4 said:
Scott Greczkowski said:

Those numbers are relative, but you don't know what they are relative to. You can't compare them to the readings of a Dish receiver or DirectTV receiver.

there was a post on AVSForum about an installer saying that a level of "60" was actually very good.

Robert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts