61.5 Signal Lost?

Same in Boston

The signal drop was only some transponders. I was watching BoSox with no trouble and had the other side on Science channel and completely lost that picture.

Tried rebooting didnt fix it. Check switch one time and got crazy results. Tried again and got correct messages. Channel 4 in Boston signal is now very low. I checked radar and no bad storms anywhere so This is very unusual. Hope the satellite is not failing.

JC:confused:

Yep same here, not getting any locals off Transponder 21 (Just walked in)

What a heap of trouble for DIsh! First a Satellite Launch failure, then the possibility of a failure of the satellite it was to replace. - Talk about a kick in the pants!

Edit: Back, and all day on Voom HDNEWS I've noticed intermittent drops, assumed it was the approaching storm, but not sure now.

I've been losing the signal to 61.5 for the past two days. I just had an installer come out and move my dish and after that was done, I noticed the dropped signal. I chalked it up with my installer not doing a good job.

Yes indeed. Big changes going on right now, not yet reflected in the uplink report. Transponders 17, 19, 21, and 23 now show zero signal strength. These will almost certainly come back on as spotbeams. The other spotbeams, on the 8 odd transpoders from 1-15, have all gone down in signal strength except for those aimed at me here in northern VA, which have gone down to normal. I think they were running them anomalously hot for no apparent reason. Perhaps they are learning how to control Rainbow 1.

Yep, I just came in here to see if there is some sort of problem. It's very cloudy and very lightly drizzling yet no signal. This is a first for me unless there is heavy rain or heavy snow here in the Catskills. Interior South East New York.

I hope the problem isn't too serious.

Transponders 17, 19, 21, and 23 now show zero signal strength. These will almost certainly come back on as spotbeams. The other spotbeams, on the 8 odd transpoders from 1-15, have all gone down in signal strength...
Well, the transponders didn't come back as spotbeams, at least according to my receivers. As others have noted, the signal strength did come back last night. 23 shows about the same signal strength as it did before. But 17, 19, and 21 all show low signal strength here, as though they are spotbeams aimed at adjacent DMAs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts