61.5 with Dish 500 Plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Electro960

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Greetings!

I'm in need of assistance with trying to tie in 61.5 with my current Dish 500 Plus setup that currently receives 110/118/119 with a DP34 switch. Obviously, there is no more room for an additional satellite to be hooked up to the switch but I do have multiple DP34s I can add if this can help facilitate 61.5. If not, are there any other switches out there than can handle 110/118/119/61.5 and possibly more? Eventually I would like to receive signal from all DISH satellites if possible :D. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks.

you need a dpp44 switch for best results. probably better off adding a 129 lnb to your 500 plus to make it a 1000 plus, unless you have no LOS to 129

Either go eastern arc or western arc to be properly supported by Dish. EA 1000.4 has an input for another sat, i.e., 118, which you would get on a dedicated (single LNB) dish. WA 1000.2 also has an input, IIRC. However with the WA you would use a 1000+ which has the 118 built in. Depends on which satellite (61.5 or 129) has your locals and which you can receive.
-Ken

keep in mind if you go with a EA dish all of your receivers must be VIP's, with WA you can still use older mpeg2 receivers.
determining factors are what receivers you have and what sat your locals are on.
Good Luck!

Either go eastern arc or western arc to be properly supported by Dish. EA 1000.4 has an input for another sat, i.e., 118, which you would get on a dedicated (single LNB) dish. -Ken

I don't believe you can get 118 on a single LNB dish, seeing it is an FSS sat. I think you need to keep the 500+ dish up and then run the line from the FSS port to the lnb in on the 1000.4. But to be honest, I'm not sure if the FSS sat running through the lnb in prt would work either, I think it does, but I have never had that situation where I needed to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)